• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[SimSig] USB Flash Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbostar

Ok, does anyone know whether SimSig can be run from a USB Flash Drive, or does it have to run from a pc or laptop?

Mart

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I run off a USB flash drive so should be OK, you need the SimSig fonts on the computer you're running off though!

Turbostar

Ok Tom, thanks. So I can just transfer the SimSig folder to my USB Drive, assuming files havn't been installed elsewhere. How do I go about finding the fonts, & what are they please? Cheers.

Mart

T

Tom

I believe they start with SIMS and there are 3 of them. They can be found in Windows/Fonts

Turbostar

Cheers mate.

Mart

Sorry to be a pain Tom. I take it I can copy the fonts into the SimSig folder, & there shouldn't be a problem, or do I need to make an adjustment in a file to read them from the SimSig folder? And then once that's done, I take it I just copy the complete SimSig folder onto the USB Drive, & then run it from there? Cheers Tom.

Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.