• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SimSig & Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Following numerous attempts at trying to get SimSig to work on Vista, it appears to not be willing to do so.

At the moment, I have got to the point where I can load up SimSig and select a game, but the panels themselves do not appear.

I'll get back to you if I have any more news.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Shouldn't Vista support all other Windows programs. After all simsig is an executible- the main programs with Windows. Or is it rendereing the grphics in correctly?

Gareth Hale

I had exactly the same problem with my Wireless network, I got as far as installing it then Vista locked up! After the 5th time I uninstalled Vista.

Guinness

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
I had exactly the same problem with my Wireless network, I got as far as installing it then Vista locked up! After the 5th time I uninstalled Vista.

Well it's a BETA after all.

Nick W

Established Member
I didn't think simsig had graphics. I thought the panels are just text with a special simsig font to represent panel symbols.

GeoffM

Try running in Windowed mode instead of full screen - SimSig full screen mode uses DirectX which MS have probably obsoleted or changed in some way to make it incompatible with earlier versions... The graphics are, as Nick says, simply a font.

Maybe I should try a copy of Vista on some PC that I don't need any more.

Geoff M.

T

Tom

Geoff, I have tried windowed mode which still fails unfortunately.

GeoffM

It's a shame. I can't think why that wouldn't work as there's nothing special about the windowed mode - it's simply TextOut which calls a bog standard Windows function. Thanks for the info anyway.

Geoff M.

Derek Kaye

I had to format my HDD to get rid of vista... couldn't re-install XP. It was too unstable for me I sometimes got bluescreens for accessing help :o

Status
Not open for further replies.