• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Singles cheaper than a return for travel today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelem

Buying my ticket from a machine today I noticed the following prices for anytime tickets between Brighton and Gatwick:
Single: £9.10 (FCC only £8)
Day Return: £18.30 (FCC only £11)
Open Return: £18.40 (FCC only £16)

That means that it's actually cheaper to get singles than a return! Is this common? Is it also normal for there to be next to no difference between a day return and an open return?

Having noticed this it means I can check who operates the next train before deciding whether to buy an FCC only ticket and potentially save £2.30 per day without having to wait for a later service.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lampshade

Established Member
Honestly can't say I'm surprised when it comes to Southern.

I only have NFM11 where the SDS was £8.50 and the SDR was £17.00. Obviously with the price rises in January there were some anomalies created.

Clip

Established Member
Even better on the southern website for the Gatwick to Brighton service you can get an 'online discount' which is more expensive then that

Attachments

• Southern.JPG
    Southern.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.