• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sir Eustace Missenden nameplate *help needed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyslay

Hello,

Very new to this thread and website. I have recently came across an old railway engine nameplate when examining old artifacts in my grandparents garage.

My grandad was a train driver for GNER he had resuced a nameplate in the early 80's in Eastleigh. I'll attach some pictures as reference. Does anyone know anything information on the engine it's from? I've tried to do some research of my own but to little success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Andrew

20160506_210315.jpg

20160506_210123.jpg

20160506_210100.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

341o2

Established Member
to add that the tow classes were identical, the only difference being in the subject matter for the names. The Battle of Britain took place in 1940 when Hitler decided on an all out campaign to smash this country by bombing, personalities (the most famous being Winston Churchill), squadrons, airfields were the subject matter for this class

Last edited:

coppercapped

Established Member
to add that the tow classes were identical, the only difference being in the subject matter for the names. The Battle of Britain took place in 1944, when Hitler decided on an all out campaign to smash this country by bombing, personalities (the most famous being Whinston Churchill), squadrons, airfields were the subject matter for this class

You are four years out with the date! And the name is Winston...

Status
Not open for further replies.