• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sir George Martin dies at 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveman

Sir George Martin widely acknowledged as the greatest music producer of all time has died at the age of 90.
Most on here will never have heard of him but he was the man who gave the Beatles a record contract after others had rejected them and was known as "The fifth Beatle".

He turned the Beatles into the worlds greatest and most successful group and changed the face of pop music forever.

RIP

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Johnuk123

Established Member
RIP to him, was very very influencial and had he never taken the Beatles on they may never have become the worlds greatest band.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I remember hearing the Beatles for the very first time, when 'Love Me Do' had just come out and it received its first play on Brian Matthews's Sunday morning show on the BBC Light Programme. Despite its rawness, it jumped out of the radio to me, a 14 year old: in fact, within a short period of time I, a Londoner, was spending a good proportion of my pocket money on ordering the 'Merseybeat' pop paper that came out weekly, and led me to following pop music with a fervour bordering on obsession for many years afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.