• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sir Nigel Gresley hornby train set

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin4875

I have a Sir Nigel Gresley train set its not complete but it does have the engine and 3 carriges, some track and the power adapter i was wondering if this was of any walue?? for insurance purposes?? or if i were looking to sell this what would be the best way to do it??

Attachments

• IMG-20120805-01532.jpg
    IMG-20120805-01532.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bluejay55

I have a Sir Nigel Gresley train set its not complete but it does have the engine and 3 carriges, some track and the power adapter i was wondering if this was of any walue?? for insurance purposes?? or if i were looking to sell this what would be the best way to do it??

Hi Kevin. It looks like your set is a Hornby made in the Rovex period, possibly late 1970's / early 1980's. It looks in good condition. Do you have the picture box as well? If not, this may affect the value a bit as will an incomplete set. However, these early sets sell for around the £50 mark in good condition.
I personally would sell it on eBay. You can always set a reserve price if worried you won't get a very high bid or many bidders. My local model shop buys second hand but I know for a fact that his max price on buying this would be about £25. Regards and good luck if you decide to sell.

deltic1989

Established Member
Around £50 to £80 at the top whack Kev. Seen it on ebay. If you look just above your listing there is a Sir Nigel Greasley loco only of about the same vintage for a bit under £50. With Ebay it can go either way you could get no interest or you could have 2 people that really want it and then you're laughing. As with so many things they are worth waht people are prepared to pay for them, the figures we give you are purely estimates.

P.S. will be in for a sweet boquet soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.