• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Site Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
My site is down temporarily as my www.Free-Hosting.org.uk account has been suspended for an unknown reason. :cry:
Just to let you know that I hope to get it up ASAP, and if anyone could reccomend a FREE host for me to use tempoararily, I would be very greatful.
BTW: If you do reccomend a host, it must have decent bandwidth and diskspace allowances too. ;)
Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Seems to be a problem with Free-Hosting server 2, which my site is on as well :x :(

I've contacted them anyway

Nick

Lads, just because your sites are offline for two days do you really need to upload a temp one :s.....how many visitors do you get a day, can't be much.

Dave A

Nick said:
Lads, just because your sites are offline for two days do you really need to upload a temp one :s.....how many visitors do you get a day, can't be much.
Who said I was asking for a temp :? Stupid ****ing piece of ****!

The Snap

Established Member
I just wanted to put a temporary site up incase people wanted the downloads. I have lots of visitors a day actualy, hence the reason my bandwidth is always running out! ;)

Coxster

Established Member
RichardH said:
I just wanted to put a temporary site up incase people wanted the downloads. I have lots of visitors a day actualy, hence the reason my bandwidth is always running out! ;)
If your site is so popular then pay! Don't rely on free hosts. Why should they pay when your site is exceeding 25GB bandwidth (which in the case of your site is pretty much impossible). Have you heard of uptime of servers? NO server has 100% uptime.

The Snap

Established Member
Damon, I do pay, I paid for a RailUK hosting account, but that is offline, and Tom is working to fix that this week. I do not expect 100% uptime, I just don't expect my site to go offline without being told. Fair enough, it may be a technical issue, which I can understand, but I still want my site to have a temporary base.

Tom B

Established Member
RichardH said:
I just don't expect my site to go offline without being told.

Do you know what it's like to keep a server running? When it goes down there are more important things (like getting it running again) rather than contacting everyone who wants access. You can usually tell them soon as they'll be turning up moaning...

Coxster

Established Member
RichardH said:
I just don't expect my site to go offline without being told.
It's called real life :roll: As Tom said, you look after a server and tell everyone when it goes down then and come back and tell us how easy it is to fix and tell everyone. It's better to fix it than waste time telling everyone.

The Snap

Established Member
Wo wo wo! I didn;t ask for an argument over it for god sake! :roll: I was just telling anyone the intends to visit my site in the near future that it is offline, that's all. Anyway, enough said, no more, sin, finito!

Tom B

Established Member
You were moaning about the server not being taken offline without your permission though :roll:.

Status
Not open for further replies.