• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sittingbourne disruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

user15681

Established Member
Huge disruption on Southeastern trains tonight, due to a complete failure of signalling at Sittingbourne.
Strangely, the 17:55 St Pancras International - Broadstairs, has been diverted on one of the longest diversions ever. From Ebbsfleet International, it will go via Ashford, Dover, Canterbury, Faversham and then normal to Broadstairs. To me, that seems like a huge, pointless diversion, seeing as this is the only service being diverted this way? They may as well have got on a bus like all other services and it may have been quicker, surely?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class377/5

Established Member
People complain when they get chucked off trains. Passenger Focus has said people like to travel all the way on trains before now. Sounds like they are atleast trying in this example.

user15681

Established Member
People complain when they get chucked off trains. Passenger Focus has said people like to travel all the way on trains before now. Sounds like they are atleast trying in this example.

Oh, I see! That would make sense. Thank you!

bgstrowger

I got caught up in this. I had to queue for well over an hour for a replacement bus at Rainham, quite a shambles really

Eventually got home after a delay of two and a quarter hours!

Anyone know what actually happened? All we got told was it was signal failure.

user15681

Established Member
Display boards at Victoria said a complete signal failure. National Rail said a power supply issue at Sittingbourne signal box and also suggestions on the web of a blown fuse (although I don't know how reliable those suggestions are). I would assume that for some reason, a power failure occurred which led to the signal failure.

5 hours later, there's still huge disruption. Network Rail said 2 hours ago that lines would re-open, but only as a temporary fix and that they'd have to talk trains through. It seems to be a major issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.