• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sittingbourne to Peterborough via Ely

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngpete

The National Rail Website has offered me Super Off Peak Single tickets for £23.55 with a Senior Railcard for a Sittingbourne to Peterborough via Ely. That's the same as a service up the ECML. I know i can get cheaper advanced tickets from the ECML from Virgin but I want the flexibility. Just not sure the route via Ely is actually valid.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

arb

King's Cross to Peterborough is valid via Cambridge and Ely (on an "any permitted" ticket), so it would seem logical that Sittingbourne to Peterborough would also be valid on that route. But I haven't actually checked, and valid routes are known for often being anything but logical!

JBuchananGB

It shouldn’t matter which retailer you buy your tickets from, you should get the same deal, Virgin don’t operate trains on ECML, that’s LNER, and National Rail web site don’t sell tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.