• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Skipton - Skipton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Noticed a few services that run Skipton - Skipton. Just wondered why they were there. Lack of capacity at Skipton to hold a train?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Condor7

I couldn’t find any services that ran Skipton to Skipton but there are numerous Skipton to Skipton Broughton CS, is that what you mean?
If so these are extensive carriage sidings just north of the station capable of storing up to 14 units, and as far as I am aware have carriage cleaning facilities and toilet discharge points.

Veteran Member
I couldn’t find any services that ran Skipton to Skipton but there are numerous Skipton to Skipton Broughton CS, is that what you mean?
If so these are extensive carriage sidings just north of the station capable of storing up to 14 units, and as far as I am aware have carriage cleaning facilities and toilet discharge points.
I think the OP was referring to workings that started and finished at Brouhton Road. I have a feeling they show up as Skipton to Skipton at other stations in some cases, or used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.