• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Skipton to Leeds Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jami3rez

Hi, like most of the gaming world, I just got Train Simulator 2012 from Steam. I bought the Settle-Carlisle DLC as I'm from the region, but was a little disapointed to see the line end in the middle of nowhere after Settle.

Is there any DLC or fan-made maps that continue through Skipton, Keighley and onto Leeds?

Thanks! :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GNERman

Established Member
The middle of nowhere being Settle Junction, quite a good starting place for scenarios?

Being Skipton based, I can tell you that the answer is no. The only slight project is a big Transpennine project being built, which can be seen on the UKtrainsim website, which will cover Leeds to Bingley (random, I know...). Don't get your hopes up about that though, the first section Leeds-Harrogate-York isn't even compete yet, so it's a while off... Although at the same time someone is making the Class 332 for the GWML expansion and 333 for said project.

Darandio

Established Member
Not as yet, no.

Although I cannot really see there being any disappointment with where the line ended, it's clearly advertised as Settle to Carlisle, nothing more. :D

I do agree it would have been nice should it have gone further, but if it went as far as Skipton, then someone would complain it didn't go to Leeds and so on. In fact, after release I seem to recall someone complaining that it didn't go to Carnforth. :lol:

jami3rez

Ex-Skiptoner here ;)

Yeah I know it's advertised as Settle-Carlisle, I'll be honest that I didn't really know what I was buying, didn't hold much hope it'd have my hometown on it. But then Leeds is mentioned in a scenario and made me think it might be in there somewhere. It's fair enough though, I've been through Settle etc before on walks, so I know that area pretty well. Very interesting to ride through those areas!

Status
Not open for further replies.