• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Skipton to Leeds off peak return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Hope someone can help with a problem that I have come across many a time but never properly looked into until now!

My family and I (2 adults and 2 children with a Family Railcard) plan to go on holiday on Sat 26th July and return the following Sat 2nd August. Having already taken care of the Leeds onward travel with advance tickets my question is does anyone know of a way of getting the skipton to Leeds section of travel down in price seeing as there's no off peak return available? I need to be in Leeds on the 26th by 8am and I'm not back in Leeds until 3pm on 2nd for my return journey to Skipton.

Thank you in advance for any help any maybe able to offer.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
A Skipton - Penistone Anytime Return will save you a total of £4.60 over buying two singles to Leeds.

Established Member
Also, does anyone know why there is no CDR from Warrington-Crewe?

I asked this at Manchester Piccadilly the last time I bought a ticket and, despite some of the horror stories I have read on here, almost got an answer! The lady serving me said said she didn't know but one of her colleagues might, who was sat at the window next to her. The only reason I didn't get an answer was because he didn't know either. I received some of the best customer service I have ever had from a ticket seller that night as she ran through all the available fares, with all their routes and all! Very impressed!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
LM and ATW probably felt no need to offer a discount on the Anytime Day Returns.

There is no requirement for CDRs to be available on any flow.

Established Member
Why LM and ATW? The route DIRECT fare is Virgin isn't it?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Warrington - Crewe Route Direct is priced by LM.

BillyBoy

Back to the OP, custom and practice seems to be to buy a return to Barnsley. It's the same price as BB21's Penistone suggestion anyway.
Not sure if it matters but, as you have Advances from Leeds, if the Skipton train was delayed and you missed your connection would it help your case if you had paid the extra £4.60 for Skipton - Leeds tickets?

Thanks for the suggestions guys, any saving is better than nothing (I suppose I just begrudge paying nearly double the price of a day return :-x)!

BillyBoy you may well have a point re missed connections - this is something I hadn't given thought to but it is relevant in this case so sadly will end up paying full price this time at least (better to be safe than sorry!) thank you for highlighting this for me :)

34D

Established Member
Not sure if it matters but, as you have Advances from Leeds, if the Skipton train was delayed and you missed your connection would it help your case if you had paid the extra £4.60 for Skipton - Leeds tickets?

It shouldn't matter - but I agree that it could cause undue hassle and stress.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Having already taken care of the Leeds onward travel

It may have been worth searching from Skipton aswell, as sometimes (not always) there may have been through advances available, with the change in Leeds.

It may have been worth searching from Skipton aswell, as sometimes (not always) there may have been through advances available, with the change in Leeds.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sadly not, it's Leeds to Scarborough that's booked on advance tickets so no through journey advances :( usually fine to book through from Skipton if traveling towards London Kings Cross or on Cross Country services though!

calc7

Established Member
Sadly TPE seem very reluctant to offer &connections Advance fares widely

Status
Not open for further replies.