• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Skyfall - which tube station/line

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanburyBlue

Evening all,

We’re just watching Skyfall, and yet again, got to the Underground scene at ‘Temple’ station. Can someone tell me what station and line this was filmed at? Obviously not Temple and District/Circle as they’re in a deep tube station.

Possibly somewhere on Victoria/Piccadilly because of blue trimmings inside the carriage?

Sorry, not an expert on the different types of tube stock.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tube driver

Grrrrr.

So many things wrong with that scene (and the whole train bit for that matter!).

Saw in the cinema with my son when it came out. He had to tell me to shut up several times...

PeterY

Established Member
I watched it with my daughter and I also got told to shut up. :D:D:D:D

I just love watching train scenes in films and TV programs. I rip them to shreds, with all the mistakes

BanburyBlue

Thanks all.

Why do they feel the need to change the station name. Why not have the tube train as a Jubilee Line train at Charing X, rather than pretend it's Temple station on the Circle/District?

pdeaves

Established Member
Thanks all.

Why do they feel the need to change the station name. Why not have the tube train as a Jubilee Line train at Charing X, rather than pretend it's Temple station on the Circle/District?
Probably to fit the story line better (I haven't seen the film so don't know if it matters).

USBT

The plot involved Westminster in some way.

It did. M was testifying before a parliamentary select committee.

But it could have been a Jubilee line train heading to Westminster. I think most people would have forgiven a slightly different looking Bond Street or Green Park to a completely inaccurate Temple.

Mikey C

Established Member
The BBC's Sherlock committed a similar "crime" too with a complete mishmash of underground lines and stock in one episode :D

whoosh

Established Member
The BBC's Sherlock committed a similar "crime" too with a complete mishmash of underground lines and stock in one episode :D

That was hilarious! There was a character in the episode who was a London Underground geek displaying traits of being pedantic, and then there were things in the filming that were 'wrong'. I think it was done deliberately to take the mickey - someone somewhere had a sense of humour!

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
It did. M was testifying before a parliamentary select committee.

But it could have been a Jubilee line train heading to Westminster. I think most people would have forgiven a slightly different looking Bond Street or Green Park to a completely inaccurate Temple.

007 starts his pursuit of Silva from the drains* / passages beneath MI6s back up location (as Vauxhall Cross has been evacuated), and that is very clearly near Smithfield / St Barts. The chase goes on for a little while, and he then pops up near Temple station. It’s only about 1000m from Smithfield to Temple as the crow flies (or evil meglomaniac runs). And that puts them on the right line to Westminster, or actually a fake underground exit on the corner of Northumberland Av and Whitehall Place.

*possibly intended to be the Fleet storm relief system.

I too, get annoyed about stuff like this. In mitigation, the live subterranean map that Q uses does show quite clearly the former loop at Embankment built on the former Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway (otherwise known as the Northern line).

Status
Not open for further replies.