• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Slade Green to Whitehaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakey1152

Hi All,
Just wanted to check if this was ok.
I'll be travelling from Slade Green up to Whitehaven using Virgin from Euston to Carlisle then the Northern service onwards to Whitehaven.

I need a lot of flexibility so will be purchasing an off-peak return

However, the trip is to help my mum move house so she can have important treatment. This means that my return trip wouldn't be back from Whitehaven
In fact I'd be getting a bus back into Carlisle itself.

Can I start my return trip from Carlisle without any issues? or would I have to buy an off-peak return from Slade Green to Carlisle and get a single from Carlisle to Whitehaven (which costs more!)

Thanks for any advice!

Blakey

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The return portion of an Off Peak Return always allows break of journey. (Source: The Manual).

The outward portion of a small number of Off Peak Returns does prohibit break of journey, but that's not applicable here as you are considered to be "breaking" your return journey (and, for this to apply, it must be "made clear" in the notices & publications of the relevant Train Companies).

blakey1152

Wonderful,
I had a feeling that would be the case! - But its always worth checking

Thankyou :)

Status
Not open for further replies.