• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Slammers and SWT Farewell Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Very nice photos.

Apparently there were loads of slammers out today. I wish I'd known - I would have come down!

I decided not to do the SWT trip as I'd have had to get a GNER that didn't call at Grantham (so SVR, costing £50ish) plus the £30 price of the ticket. :(

I would've done Brighton and Seaford though!

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
yorkie said:
Very nice photos.

Apparently there were loads of slammers out today. I wish I'd known - I would have come down!

I decided not to do the SWT trip as I'd have had to get a GNER that didn't call at Grantham (so SVR, costing £50ish) plus the £30 price of the ticket. :(

I would've done Brighton and Seaford though!
Thanks for the kind comments everyone

They were loads of slammers out today there was one on a Seaford and one on a Littlehampton diagram from Brighton. Also 2 out of the 3 London Bridge - Horsham diagrams were VEP's one an 8-VEP. I noticed at least one in Victoria but didn't have time to see it but most of the SET Charing Cross - Ashford's were VEP's and at London Bridge one also went into Canon Street. A lot more slammers from usual seemed to be out today...

And best of all the London-Brighton Express 12 VEP was an extra service which I would think did well over 90mph on the 14:49 Brighton-London Vic doing Brighton East Croyden in 34mins. The driver seemed to being enjoying himself playing with the horn every time we overtook a 377! :D

Coxster

Established Member
I saw the units pass though Farnborough today, very smart indeed. Especially when a steamer passed through in the opposite direction!

T

Tom

I saw the information about the steamer. It ran from Weymouth to London VICTORIA (ex-Weymouth 07.19)

Coxster

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
I saw the information about the steamer. It ran from Weymouth to London VICTORIA (ex-Weymouth 07.19)
Tangmere heading southbound on the down fast when I saw it around half past 7 this evening.

T

Tom

Correct.. it was returning to Weymouth (it passed by my house a few minutes ago)...

T

Tom

Damon - if you want, you can upload it on to this box (as if I've got enough bandwidth to use).

Status
Not open for further replies.