• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sleeper coaches - current status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
All,

Bit of a request.

How many former Caledonian Mk3 coaches (as in, the ones in use within the last 3 years) survive? Where did they go? Are any stored?

Also, what is the status of GWR’s equivalents? Who owns the coaches (as in which Rosco), and have any effectively moved from Caledonian to GWR to be overhauled? I saw reference to lengthening the Night Riviera.

Finally, is any consideration being given to future replacement of Night Riviera with new stock or motive power? No speculative ideas, please; just facts.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Some details on this thread

At least one rake got scrapped at Booth's.

While my post is as accurate as I could make it, this excellent thread / table by @Phil Scott will probably provide you with more info as to which vehicles are where. As for ownership, Porterbrook is the owner of the Mk3 Sleepers.

Energy

Established Member
Finally, is any consideration being given to future replacement of Night Riviera with new stock or motive power? No speculative ideas, please; just facts.
It was mentioned in the GWR direct award for GWR to look at new stock for the Night Riviera (look not order), I don't think there are any more definite facts about it.

SeanG

I passed the Weardale Railway at Wolsingham last weekend, unfortunately it was all gated off, but from the road I could see a number of ex Caledonian Sleeper Mk2s and Mk3s

Status
Not open for further replies.