• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sleeper question need quick answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an off peak return, London terminals to glasgow, will that get me on tonight's sleeper and if so seat only? If seat only how much would I need to pay for a berth?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Is the seating coach busy? I assumed it would be dead but never used it. I'd be hoping for a double seat to myself to try and kip, what the odds?

34D

Established Member
It will get you on seat only IF there are seats available.

Is it around £45ish for a berth? Call scotrail telesales 08457 550033 see if they can advise whether there are seats or berths available.

Is the seating coach busy? I assumed it would be dead but never used it. I'd be hoping for a double seat to myself to try and kip, what the odds?

Sunday night? All the londoners who work in scotland going north for Monday morning? Scottish people who've been visiting friends in London over the weekend going home?

I'd be surprised if it wasn't very busy.

Ascot

Established Member
Should be fine on getting a berth to Scotland tonight but it'll cost £40.20 for Standard Class sharing and £57.20 for Standard Solo.

Not sure if you'll get a reservation this late tonight for the seated but worth a try if you run to a manned station.

Either way run to a station now and get it reserved (or ring).

electra27000

I think it depends on how busy the sleeping car portion of the train is and how you approach the conductor on the train. I've managed to upgrade to a berth, because the Glasgow-Euston sleeper I was booked into a seat on was fairly quiet and I approached the conductor before we left Glasgow and asked if it was possible to.

Status
Not open for further replies.