• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Slight changes you would make to liveries to make them nicer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR165022

the others

Attachments

• nova 3 purple.png
    nova 3 purple.png
    253.9 KB · Views: 117
  • nova 3 silver.png
    nova 3 silver.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 114
  • nova 3 yellow.png
    nova 3 yellow.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 138
  • nova 3 light blue.png
    nova 3 light blue.png
    254.7 KB · Views: 118
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SteveyBee131

Some good TPE livery edits there, well done ;) I'm a bit of a traditionalist so personally I prefer the yellow, but some of the others look cool too. Quite like carrying the light blue/turquoise round, and the purple looks good too.

Doomotron

The yellow, I'm afraid, just clashes with the Loose Women Express. I think black is the only one that looks good for TPE. That said, in some cases the yellow would look better, like on the Avanti livery.

Can somebody try the Class 397s but with the black going all the way down like on the 802s? I think there was one like that at one point and it looked good.

EDIT: Nevermind, this is what I wanted (photo by Joshua Allen).
40272324373_ed17d6403a_b.jpg

BurtonM

I don't think base white is right for any train, it doesn't keep well in British climates and maintenance regimes.

K.o.R

I like the TPE with yellow, and the main blue is a close second. Black is just a rubbish colour for a train front (with the exception of immediately around the headlights).

geoffk

Established Member
I may be repeating what others have written, but there are too many predominantly white trains, also the TfW livery needs some green on it.

K.o.R

Not bad. It fits the Welsh Flag motif better, but I'm still not sure. Maybe if it didn't have the window band in this case?

The 717 would be better if its panel matched the 700. The Hull Trains one looks brilliant.

Domh245

Established Member
I think the 717 looks better when it 'matches' the 700s with just the central section done in yellow, it certainly gives more of a consistent brand at least!

0mrd5vp.png

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I'd like to see more coloured fronts (and colour in general)

I'd like to see the 707s in Class 710-style Overground livery. I'd prefer if the 345s were in a similar livery, but with the orange swapped for purple.

An earlier concept for the TSGN livery seemed to have the idea that TL would have pink doors, GN light blue (and Southern dark green). I think the 700s would look good with a light grey lower body, dark grey window band, pink doors and pink front

Doomotron

An earlier concept for the TSGN livery seemed to have the idea that TL would have pink doors, GN light blue (and Southern dark green). I think the 700s would look good with a light grey lower body, dark grey window band, pink doors and pink front
Do you have any photos?

K.o.R

I think the 717 looks better when it 'matches' the 700s with just the central section done in yellow, it certainly gives more of a consistent brand at least!

0mrd5vp.png

That really highlights the different shape of the 717's front when compared to a 700 or a 707. Maybe they really needed to get as much extra window as they could given the need for the end door.

Light blue to match the doors, and (somewhere back down the thread) an equivalent with pink doors and front for Thameslink, would look very smart.

Goldfish62

Established Member

0mrd5vp.png
I'd prefer the 700s to match the 717s, personally.

dorsetdesiro

Yes. Still looks rubbish though, because it's an overall appalling livery.

Agree that TL and GN have a seemingly dull livery, Southern had a lucky escape if GTR had decided on a uniform grey livery for all its sub brands with only a coloured triangle logo for each brand. I believe Southern was assigned a green triangle but this never went ahead when TL took on a new logo for itself.

The TL/GN livery could be improved by putting hot pink "dashes" on the carriages and a hot pink front as this is part of the TL logo? As for GN, purple could be used but perhaps too dark for the front?

91ntercity_J

It might be because I’m tired of just seeing white and red, but I’d like to see LNER keeping their base livery except with a navy stripe on the Azumas instead of a red one (you could change the front to grey while your at it too;)).
And for GA replace the red with green or maybe turquoise? the fronts could also get the same coat of paint! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.