• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Slough Station Staff / Jobsworths

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat64nl

Why should he be required to Sign in in the first place? He wasn't to know he was required to sign out, Signing in is normally for Contractors, not a tourist who wants a film a few trains!!!!
Funnily enough, I was given the exact same form/slip to fill that would be given to contractors. The form was fit for a contractor, but not a spotter. As I've said, no problem with signing in, but the treatment and handling it was rather unclassy.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chathambunch

Funnily enough, I was given the exact same form/slip to fill that would be given to contractors. The form was fit for a contractor, but not a spotter. As I've said, no problem with signing in, but the treatment and handling it was rather unclassy.
I think it is highly innapropriate for a "youth" to be asked to sign a Contactors sign-in Form. If they must require a "trainspotter" to tell them that they are there, I would say that they should have a seperate "visitors" form.

mat64nl

I think it is highly innapropriate for a "youth" to be asked to sign a Contactors sign-in Form. If they must require a "trainspotter" to tell them that they are there, I would say that they should have a seperate "visitors" form.
I most definitely agree with you there.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I think the OP has taken what everyone else said in good spirits and I'm sure he will remember for the future. I think we can all be prepared to cut him some slack.

As for signing in, I am sure some people will have their own take on things but the bottom line is you can be required to sign in as it is private property. I do not recommend kicking up a stink over what is a simple request made in good faith. The important part is to enjoy whatever trip you are on.

As such, I have locked the thread as all useful and sensible advice has been given. I don't see it necessary to get into all the technicalities of what others think should and should not happen re: signing in. It complicates matters unnecessarily for the OP. That discussion can be had in a separate thread if people feel strongly about it.

Welcome by the way.

If they must require a "trainspotter" to tell them that they are there, I would say that they should have a seperate "visitors" form.

They should do. If the OP has any concern over that one, he may wish to contact GWR about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.