• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Slough to London terminals valid to Waterloo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
I'd be grateful if any routing experts could confirm whether a Slough-London Terminals Gold Card (Annual Season) is Valid via Windsor Central and Windsor ER to travel to London Waterloo.

My suspicion is that it is not valid as it seems to be going a longer way round when there is a direct Slough-Paddington service, however I may be wrong so clarification would be great!

Thank you :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
London Terminals to Slough is only valid via MAP RG

Which only allows London Paddington - Hayes and Harlington - Slough

dzug2

There is however a Windsor & Eton Central to London terminals season that is valid both routes - at a higher fare.

Ivo

Established Member
There is however a Windsor & Eton Central to London terminals season that is valid both routes - at a higher fare.

Easement 700084 disagrees with you:

Customers travelling from Windsor & Eton Central to or via London Terminals may not travel via Windsor & Eton Riverside. This easement applies in both directions.

In addition, note Easement 700226:

Customers travelling from Windsor & Eton Central to or via Datchet may not travel via Windsor & Eton Riverside. This easement applies in both directions.

Easement 700085 is also of note:

Customers travelling from Datchet to or via London Waterloo may not travel via Windsor & Eton Riverside or Windsor & Eton Central. This easement applies in both directions.

dzug2

There is a specifically priced Windsor and Eton Central to London terminals season that is flagged 'also valid via Windsor and Eton Riverside'. It is more expensive than either route bought individually

So the easements are irrelevant to this particular ticket

sonic2009

Established Member
There is a specifically priced Windsor and Eton Central to London terminals season that is flagged 'also valid via Windsor and Eton Riverside'. It is more expensive than either route bought individually

So the easements are irrelevant to this particular ticket

Correct. :

Windsor & Eton Central to London Terminals :

Route AAA WINDS ETON R SEVEN DAY STD £71.20 ( Fare set by SWT)
Route ANY PERMITTED SEVEN DAY STD £61.30 (Fare set by FGW)

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Thanks for the reply guys, I ask as I had a passenger with the aforementioned Slough-London terminals season claiming it was valid to Waterloo, trying to exit the station at Clapham Junction. I was not 100% sure so I checked with ticket office staff who said no, thus I refered the passenger to an RPI!

What made me laugh was that this passenger claims their ticket was accepted by the train guard to Windsor Central and also that route:Any Permitted apparently meant any route they liked could be taken! :lol:

If the said Season ticket had been a Windsor Central - London terminals then I may not have questioned its validity, however from the debate above it seems that a specific routing is needed on the season to enable travel via the other Windsor station!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Customers travelling from Windsor & Eton Central to or via Datchet may not travel via Windsor & Eton Riverside. This easement applies in both directions.

I do not understand this easement, surely someone would be able to walk from Windsor Central to Windsor & ER if they were travelling to/via Datchet?! Otherwise a Windsor & Eton Central to Datchet ticket may be routed via London (Windsor to Paddington via Slough, then underground to Waterloo, then train to Datchet) which would seem absolutely bizarre! Or maybe I'm just being thick :p

34D

Established Member
Thanks for the reply guys, I ask as I had a passenger with the aforementioned Slough-London terminals season claiming it was valid to Waterloo, trying to exit the station at Clapham Junction. I was not 100% sure so I checked with ticket office staff who said no, thus I refered the passenger to an RPI!

Could you or another member do a mileage check, comparing Slough-Pad mileage with Slough-Acton main line plus South Acton-Richmond-waterloo, or even Slough-Ealing Broadway-West Brompton-Clapham Jct-Waterloo - I seem to recall that we don't 'count' tube mileage, so this latter option could well be within three miles of the shortest route.

Furthermore, if we consider the Ealing Broadway-Kensington Olympia bus as providing a regular service (weekly) then Slough-Poplar Junction-Mitre Bridge Junction-shepherds bush overground-kensington olympia-clapham junction-waterloo could be a contender also.

Over to others please.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Slough-Clapham Jn-Waterloo (or even if you just say to Vauxhall) is too long to be permitted under the shortest route rule.

The customer should consider a Travelcard.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
South Acton-Richmond-waterloo

Acton Main Line - South Action is not an official interchange iirc, however I stand corrected if otherwise.

Slough-Ealing Broadway-West Brompton-Clapham Jct-Waterloo

Same issue as above.

Furthermore, if we consider the Ealing Broadway-Kensington Olympia bus as providing a regular service (weekly) then Slough-Poplar Junction-Mitre Bridge Junction-shepherds bush overground-kensington olympia-clapham junction-waterloo could be a contender also.

Even if the mileage is low enough to qualify under the 3-mile rule, depending on the date of travel and the validity period of the ticket, the passenger might not have feasibly come that way.

34D

Established Member
Acton Main Line - South Action is not an official interchange iirc, however I stand corrected if otherwise.

Pass - I don't know either way. It is feasible as an interchange (I've done it myself) but whether official I do not know.

Same issue as above.

Aren't Ealing Broadway and West Brompton both stations on the list of parallel routes (the same list as allows doncaster-london to go on the tube finsbury park-kings cross)?

Even if the mileage is low enough to qualify under the 3-mile rule, depending on the date of travel and the validity period of the ticket, the passenger might not have feasibly come that way.

Break of journey? Starting short? It is an annual season. But yes I take the point of how did he get to CLJ.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Aren't Ealing Broadway and West Brompton both stations on the list of parallel routes (the same list as allows doncaster-london to go on the tube finsbury park-kings cross)?

They are both interchange stations for the purpose of cross-London transfers however there is no cross-London transfer involved for the flow Slough - London Terminals.

Ealing Broadway - West Brompton is not an interavailable route where NR tickets are accepted on LU services. Shepherd's Bush - West Brompton is, but Ealing Broadway - Shepherd's Bush is not.

The complete list of interavailable routes is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.