• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Small events after June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadget88

I cancelled a small birthday last June and been looking to rearrange. I tried last summer cases were low and I switched from a pub to a bowling green however live music was banned in Scotland and the guest numbers never increased.

This summer 50 guests are allowed so should I look to have it outside maybe summer when cases are lower? Is a bowling green safe now most are vaccinated or should I delay further until 2022? Surely parties have to go ahead at some point? Anybody planning one got any tips?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Smidster

It seems like there are two things for you to consider.

1) Will any gathering be legal?

The simple answer to that is that we simply don't know - While every sign is pointing in the right direction for measures to be gradually reduced over the Summer there is probably a higher than normal risk of any plans needing to be amended due to Government restrictions. We would hope that things would follow the announced timeline (and sorry I don't know the specifics for Scotland) but we won't know for sure until the actual decision is made.

2) Is it "Safe"

Afraid this feels like it is a question for you and your guests to make over the level of risk that you are comfortable with even if it is legal. Personally I would be comfortable to attend an event tomorrow but you would have to take into account any particular circumstances of your group. It is certainly the case that with each passing day vaccines should have more and more of an impact but there is no such thing as "completely safe"

A bowling green sounds like a decent venue if you are at all concerned - We know the risk of outdoor transmission is negligible compared to indoors.

I might be inclined to try and do something if you can but you might want a back-up plan in case it all goes wrong.

Gadget88

It seems like there are two things for you to consider.

1) Will any gathering be legal?

The simple answer to that is that we simply don't know - While every sign is pointing in the right direction for measures to be gradually reduced over the Summer there is probably a higher than normal risk of any plans needing to be amended due to Government restrictions. We would hope that things would follow the announced timeline (and sorry I don't know the specifics for Scotland) but we won't know for sure until the actual decision is made.

2) Is it "Safe"

Afraid this feels like it is a question for you and your guests to make over the level of risk that you are comfortable with even if it is legal. Personally I would be comfortable to attend an event tomorrow but you would have to take into account any particular circumstances of your group. It is certainly the case that with each passing day vaccines should have more and more of an impact but there is no such thing as "completely safe"

A bowling green sounds like a decent venue if you are at all concerned - We know the risk of outdoor transmission is negligible compared to indoors.

I might be inclined to try and do something if you can but you might want a back-up plan in case it all goes wrong.
Yes well I think it will be legal. Last year the bowling green had a few small events 15 guests I think? They were hoping to go to 30 guests but it never happened. Biggest issue was any music was banned so it was very difficult. I could go with a massive hall but have no atmosphere. But I imagine weddings ect have to go ahead at some point so surely events can’t keep being cancelled forever?

Yew

Established Member
It is certainly the case that with each passing day vaccines should have more and more of an impact but there is no such thing as "completely safe"
And there has never been.

Status
Not open for further replies.