• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Small repaint of Southern 377?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I noticed a Southern class 377 I think, with first class marked by a yellow line in the middle of the carriage. I've never seen that before?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deepgreen

Established Member
I noticed a Southern class 277 I think, with first class marked by a yellow line in the middle of the carriage. I've never seen that before?

There is a separate thread on this, under 377/6s. Briefly, Southern has finally decided to make the first class labelling on its 377/6 and 377/7s clearer by putting a yellow cant-rail stripe on and the words "first class" below the windows, after years of refusing to do so. About a third of the units now seem to have been done (with the usual inconsistencies to be expected from Southern!).

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Good. How's about an ATOC standard along those lines?

I also think we should have positive reinforcement of Standard by placing big 2s[1] by the doors like every other European railway does. Then nonsense like First(f) won't confuse people.

[1] Yes I know it's technically Third.

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
There is a separate thread on this, under 377/6s. Briefly, Southern has finally decided to make the first class labelling on its 377/6 and 377/7s clearer by putting a yellow cant-rail stripe on and the words "first class" below the windows, after years of refusing to do so. About a third of the units now seem to have been done (with the usual inconsistencies to be expected from Southern!).

they have put the words "First Class" in rather large type - you cant miss it!

Status
Not open for further replies.