• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

sncf "facilties"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveBedford

I am intending to go to France fairly soon to cover some scenic routes that
I always meant to do. The one concern I have is that I recall reading a few
years ago that some TER and local units eg on the Cevennes services did not
have toilet facilities!!! Can anyone comment on the truth of this please, 5 hours
or more without...not doing that! Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Traditionally SNCF railcars all had loos but non gangwayed trailers didnt. The last of the trailers would be those built to work with the X2100/2200/2800 series railcars - the EMU equivalents (which I have experienced) have all gone.

They've been replaced around the Massif Central for some years with much more modern low-floor stock with accessible loos, and are generally getting rare.

If one turns up anywhere, just go for the power car (It's also guaranteed to get you to your destination!).

(ISTR EMUs have reappeared on Neussargues-Beziers because of recent problems with the X73500 units but they are gangwayed.)

Last edited:

Gordon

I don't recall any SNCF stock, including non gangwayed trailers, that didn't have a toilet. Maybe the story was about toilets being unservicable

Status
Not open for further replies.