• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Snow Hill Line Disruption (10/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH172341

Delays currently between Birmingham Snow Hill and Banbury due to 'fire alarm sounding in the Signalling Centre'. Only looked as I'm meant to be using it early this afternoon.

Just looking through Real Time Trains at the moment and it looks like everything has come to a halt on the 'Chiltern Mainline' and the Stratford via Shirley line - not looking particularly good.

EDIT - Movements now starting again - heavy delays as you'd expect.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

L&Y Robert

Delays currently between Birmingham Snow Hill and Banbury due to 'fire alarm sounding in the Signalling Centre'. Only looked as I'm meant to be using it early this afternoon.

Does that mean a fire IN the Signalling Centre or detection of a fire out there on the tracks, or what? And isn't there a steamer coming through today?

TheScud

West Midlands Signalling centre was evacuated for approx 30 mins so not just the Snow Hill lines! Never put all your eggs in one basket.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The Planner

Veteran Member
Would have been worse if it was New St box and those eggs are 50 odd years old.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
How many square miles does West Midlands Signalling Centre cover approximately?

Status
Not open for further replies.