• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Snow Hill Lines Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know the reasons for the delays on the Snow Hill lines today between 2-3pm? The information display listed the reason as 'emergency services attending' which is rather ambiguous.

I got to Birmingham Snow Hill at around 14:15 in order to catch the 14:27 and get off at Yardley Wood. The train was delayed until 14:35. It was originally announced that the train was calling at Birmingham Moor Street, Spring Road, Hall Green, Yardley Wood, Shirley etc..and stations to Stratford upon Avon. Literally a minute before the train arrived at 14:35, a correction went out that the train would no longer be calling at Spring Road, Hall Green or Yardley Wood and that the train would run to Birmingham Moor Street and then fast to Shirley. The train was only late by 10 minutes at this point, so why the need to miss out three stops?

So, at Snow Hill, I then had to wait for the next train - the 14:47 to Whitlocks End, again 8 minutes delayed due to emergency services attending. Which went up to 11 minutes delayed, and then cancelled.

Ultimately I didn't get on a train until 15:07, which was on-time.

What was going on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MetroDriver

All I can tell you is that some of our staff were aware of armed police at Snow Hill this afternoon, so there must be an element of truth in that comment above.

Status
Not open for further replies.