• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Snow: railways can't win

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk1

Veteran Member
Even with the standard amended TT today, as mentioned on another thread, Virgin are currently recording a 4% PPM for today. All's well on the west coast front...!

Usual disruption timetable came in knocking the 3rd Man/Brum services on the head & lots of signalling problems along with a few train failures & window issues with ice. that must be quite a record. If i was in control at VT i would be quite proud of the day i worked with a PPM of 4% :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
I wonder how much media coverage that has received? If it were Greater Anglia or South West Trains, or any other TOC that isn't Virgin, then all of hell would have broken loose in the world of the media. :roll:

SWT have probably run over 98% of the snow timetabled trains and of that 98% probably over 90% have been on time hence the lack of media coverage, cant say anything good about the railways can we. :roll:
The Metro (yes I know :roll:) had a front page spread on Friday morning about SWT implimenting the snow plan before a flake of snow had fallen but it was the right thing to do and so the snow plan trains all ran pretty well, I noticed the lack of an apology (or any mention of the "disaster" on Friday) in todays paper, but then what do expect from our unbiased media! ;)

Goatboy

Established Member
I think the media should definately run big stories on the news that matters, like trains running on time. It should go right alongside the half page item on Tesco serving people with only minor queues.

Trains running on time isn't news - it's whats expected. Well done to SWT, obviously, but nobody bar staff and those of us who are interested in this sort of thing sees it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.