• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Snows Coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprinter

The area around Stroud in Gloucester had some snow Monday night, only 3 inches but caused utter chaos!

The M5 was like a giant car park and many cars were just abandoned on the roadside as they couldn't get up the inclines!

Why can't this country cope with a few inches of snow?

AJP

Properly just southerners, Northallerton in North Yorks got 3 inches of snow Monday and there was no problems there :roll:

Julian G

Established Member
if you think Britain is also affected by snow
well look into Eastern Europe, they already got snows ages ago

Met Driver

Established Member
AJP said:
Properly just southerners, Northallerton in North Yorks got 3 inches of snow Monday and there was no problems there :roll:

Did you ever consider that the majority of 'Southerners' may be less used to snow and as a result it sometimes causes more problems for us than it does our Northern counterparts? We get considerably less snowfall down here than in other parts of the UK (there hasn't been ANY here in London yet!).

AJP

ROFL :lol: Only joking man! :lol:

But I cant believe people left there cars and stayed in leisure center for 3 inches snow in the south West.

Gareth Hale

Woke up to -8C, Snow and More snow is expected

Hottest temp in next ten days = -1C
Coldest Temp = -21C

Simming

apprently the weather is to get bad over this weekend, which I aint looking forward to, seeing as we've got to get from warley to cornwall.

Gareth Hale

Just got the weather report. Severe Snow Warning is now issued

"...ACCUMULATING SNOWS HEADING FOR PARTS OF CENTRAL AND EAST CENTRAL ILLINOIS OVERNIGHT AND THURSDAY MORNING...

LOW PRESSURE OVER NORTHWEST MISSOURI WILL TRACK EAST INTO SOUTHERN ILLINOIS BY THURSDAY MORNING. ALONG AND NORTH OF THE TRACK OF THE LOW...SNOW WILL ACCUMULATE FROM 2 TO 5 INCHES BY THURSDAY MORNING. ALTHOUGH NOT A PARTICULARLY STRONG STORM SYSTEM...THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST ACCUMULATING SNOW OF THE LATE FALL SEASON AND SHOULD OCCUR THROUGH THE MORNING RUSH HOUR ON THURSDAY. TEMPERATURES SHOULD REMAIN BELOW THE FREEZING MARK DURING THE DAY...SO ROADWAYS...BRIDGE DECKS AND OVERPASSES WILL BE QUITE SLIPPERY ON THURSDAY.

MOTORISTS SHOULD PLAN FOR A SLOW DRIVE INTO WORK OR SCHOOL THURSDAY MORNING AND ALLOW PLENTY OF TIME TO REACH THEIR DESTINATIONS. "

Whoopee! Yes, we dont have gritters. This will be fun to see. :)

Gareth Hale

Just went outside. -12C and I was out for 1 min max and im shivering like mad and shaking and Im stone cold. Not nice at all. Tomorrow when I go to school it will be -18C so this will be very interesting to witness......

AJP

Simming said:
apprently the weather is to get bad over this weekend, which I aint looking forward to, seeing as we've got to get from warley to cornwall.

You were wrong then :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.