• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

So its Good-Bye From Me......

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeholmes

Im sure you'll all be glad to here this but i am just writing to let you know that i will not be posting anything anymore.... I am starting school now (GCSE) and i really need to concentrated on it... I go to school on a Saturday and have a Job on Sunday so i will not have time anymore..

Please do not delete my account, I will view the Topics (HSTs And First) time to time but overall... it goodbye...

Ive loved everything here, fantasic Forum ,

Keep Up the good work

Many Thanks,
Joe Holmes

Sorry this sound like a death not

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
:cry: I am sure you will find a little bit of time to get a real "Sexy Beast"

Good luck

Jim

Dave A

Two things I'd like to pin-point here:
joeholmes said:
I am starting school now (GCSE) and i really need to concentrated on it...
Believe me, you say that now ;)

joeholmes said:
I go to school on a Saturday and have a Job on Sunday so i will not have time anymore..
You go to school on a Saturday :shock: No offence but IMO, your really rich or really stupid! Saturday is supposed to be a day of enjoyment and, you work on a Sunday :shock: I persume your 15/16 as you mentioned GCSE's so I can say that, I've been through it. If you don't have one day, you will suffer! 7 days non-stop is for people in high paid jobs, not a person in theire mid-teens.

A friendly bit of advice - Don't go without one day a week where you can relax! Do all your homework/coursework/revising when you have any free time other than that day because that day will become very useful when you will realise you have not done something ;)

For every hour of homework/coursework/revising, try and take about 10 mins to relax after as too much in one go is literally killing you slowly!

Eat well (Plenty of fish, the brain food)
Drink well (Lots of water)
Do about 45mins of exercise a day, whether its a game of footie or running round a park (I found it really stress releaving)
Enjoy your last year of school (I'm actually really missing it now :( )

All this aside, I wish you all the best with your GCSE's and future. Try and pop in at Christmas to say hello :mrgreen:

All the best,

David

AlexS

Established Member
Take a break sonny jim! Just finished my GCSE's with a nice bag of results, and I didn't quit anything! You have 2 years, you NEED to relax a bit or you will fall apart halfway.

T

Tom

And its goodbye from him!

Bye Joe, you shall not be missed (well you will for your lovely First Group fun :D).

jd

Alex is right. You WILL need a break while doing GCSEs. especially when you're spending several hours writing several pages on Macbeth or something like that.

evil_hippo

What is the point of woorkign on your one day of rest if you never get to enjoy the money?

It is better to have a happy pauper than a neurotic rich man.

Dave A

evil_hippo said:
What is the point of woorkign on your one day of rest if you never get to enjoy the money?

It is better to have a happy pauper than a neurotic rich man.

Thats the best thing I've heard in ages :D

ChrisM

Good luck and echo what has already been said,everyone needs at least one day off a week to enjoy and relax.
GCSEs,when i was at school we only had CSEs. :shock:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joe, take a break on the Sunday or something! You CAN'T work every day in the week, that's extremely difficult for anyone who doesn't live on Pro Plus! A 6-day week is too much for most people! I only work 5 days a week!

Enjoy your youth now, you've got 60 years of working life ahead of you yet. DON'T throw away the best years of your life, you'll regret it!

Even if working that much means getting 10 A*'s, is it worth that? The stress and effort alone could break you easily! Even if you get top marks, what will you do with it? Go to college? Sixth form? You'll end up needing to go there anyway for qualifications that have some value in ten years time. College does not need As and A*s. I doubt sixth form does either. Chill, relax a bit. Otherwise you'll end up doing what I did a couple of times and lose it. I regained it, but it's not fun stressing over work or education. Sundays are rest days, utilise them! When you start working, especially in a customer service industry (rail, catering, transport in general, retail, many more besides), you will need to work them sometimes at the least.

In any case, why do you need the extra hassle of work on top of education? Your parents shouldn't let you do so. 6 days learning, 1 day work. Where's the rest? At night whilst you are sleeping, you say? That's not enough! Trust me!

Free time should be just that, free to do whatever you like. If this means spending a few hours bussing around London, popping down to the local station for some number crunching, doing some line bashing, or even just hitting a pub or restaurant for a nice meal, then why not? It's your time. Utilise it well now. You DON'T want to end up in 10 years time thinking about how you wasted so much time. I'm already at that stage. I've wasted 2 years already in failed Higher Education courses. Don't do HE unless you're really committed to it, I wasn't. As a result, I work in catering. You can probably guess I'm trying to get into something else.

If you're still awake, take this if nothing else from my post:

Keep some free time for yourself. God's given you a life, live it.

T

Tom

I know why now he's posted this when he has.

The www link in his profile says he starts college / school / whatever today.

David

Established Member
Come back soon. We need somebody to take the p*** out of! ;) Anyway good luck.

Note to mods. Sorry about the language.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
dude! I put absolutely no effort into my GCSE's and got all B's and C's, I'm happy, live life to the full mate, don't waste all your days for a bit of paper, obviously do well for yourself but you need time to yourself as well!

Nick

Very interesting, 6 days a week at an alll boys school. Then a work packed life, when do you ever see your apparent girlfriend?

joeholmes

Well thank you for your kind words....

Now lets sort something out... I know somebody at a certain station on the GWML and i am Volentartly helping out there, so i can take my GF (not the HST) because she lives locally...

Anyway just letting you guys no this whilst im on my Study period..... back to study now Joe... awww, Damn it......

See you lads soon

Joe

Julian G

Established Member
joeholmes said:
Well thank you for your kind words....

Now lets sort something out... I know somebody at a certain station on the GWML and i am Volentartly helping out there, so i can take my GF (not the HST) because she lives locally...

Anyway just letting you guys no this whilst im on my Study period..... back to study now Joe... awww, Damn it......

See you lads soon

Joe
you mean he ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
HSTfan!!! said:
dude! I put absolutely no effort into my GCSE's and got all B's and C's, I'm happy, live life to the full mate, don't waste all your days for a bit of paper, obviously do well for yourself but you need time to yourself as well!
I don't think it's fair to say "no effort" and I am sure you didn't mean that! ;)

I admit did no revision ( :oops: ) but I did put effort in by concentrating during lessons (unlike some people in my year). I got all 9 A to C. Not everyone can do that. I am very lucky that I was able to remember things. I feel that (for me at least) paying attention in the first place is better than not paying attention and then revising later.

Anyway, the amount of revision required varies from person to person but it's vital to take breaks and ensure you also have fun too. Too much hard work and pressure isn't healthy, and I agree with your post overall.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
joeholmes said:

You're studying already. Not only did I not start studying for a long time after I started my GCSEs, the first week or so was filled up with admin stuff so we didnt even have any work!

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
work on a sunday...whats wrong with that?

i dont take breaks off work, sometimes i work 7 days a week without rest days on 6-2 shifts...why? saves up alot of money and ables me to do a railtour...plus 7 days a week work gives me about £200-£300 for 1 week

Status
Not open for further replies.