• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

So, Sweden may well have been right.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramling

Veteran Member
Exactly this, Sweden took a calm & measured approach including how they engaged with the Swedish public. Not like the fractured, immature, media/opinion driven flapping about that was our government's chosen route. Sweden didn't scream "you're killing granny" at everyone, didn't try to make out that you would be a "hero" for following random one way systems, didn't encourage us to bang pots to make the virus go away, and so their citizens reacted accordingly. They carried on their lives, went to the pubs, went to eat out, but just a little more reserved. And it worked....

Great post. I think you sum it up with the banging pots to make it go away, that's about the sum total of how sophisticated things have been here.

Even if we overlook the actual strategy, the communications here have been utterly dire. The fragmentation caused by the differences between the devolved nations has amplified this, though if Boris had taken a statesmanlike line from the start then these fractures probably wouldn't have grown.

I sense Boris will be gone in the reasonably not-too-distant future. I suspect there's more than a grain of truth in the "6 months" rumours, and I think it will be put down to his illness, when the real reason is that his position will simply be untenable on numerous fronts.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just a gentle reminder that we are discussing whether Sweden got it right in this thread. For discussion of anything else, please use another appropriate thread or start a new one. Thanks :)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think we're done here for now. Once there is some actually news regarding Sweden and how things are developing there it may be appropriate to re-open this thread so please feel free to report this post at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.