• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

So, what do the circles round some ticket prices mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaltoast

Looking at the attached, on several booking sites I've noticed random circles round some train times. I can't find any info on the sites as to what this means, and as I'd rather eat at Yates' rather than phone the unhelp line, I was just wondering if anyone knew what these circles mean?
(See attached)

Attachments

• ticket.png
    ticket.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 64
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Looking at the attached, on several booking sites I've noticed random circles round some train times. I can't find any info on the sites as to what this means, and as I'd rather eat at Yates' rather than phone the unhelp line, I was just wondering if anyone knew what these circles mean?
(See attached)

The circles indicate which trains the ticket is valid on. For example the £4.00 Standard Advance Single is only valid on the 13:10 (in that view), whereas the Standard Day Single is valid on all trains in that view.

digitaltoast

Thanks - but now I'm even more confused. I don't get that at all.

I know that obviously, you can only select the radio box for the valid train.

But looking at the cheap day single for £10.80, what makes the 13:10 ticket have the yellow surround, and the 13:36 not have the surround?

Sorry if I'm being a bit duh - I just can't see the pattern you mean!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The yellow surround means that a First Class upgrade is available.

Having just looked up that journey the 13:10 & the 14:10 are operated by CrossCountry, who have First Class weekend upgrades available online whereas the other trains are SWT who, presumably, do not.

digitaltoast

Ah! It's that simple - so why the hell do they never tell you that?!?
Must be part of the simplification experience...

djw1981

Established Member
The yellow bit appears in the key at the bottom of the screen - see attached.

Attachments

• trainline.jpg
    trainline.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 31

digitaltoast

Ah, thanks. That key doesn't appear on the site I was using.
I try and avoid the nationalrail site now, due to the ridiculously large popup advert window obliterating the page!

djw1981

Established Member
Thatw as taken from trainline (as I thought it was the one you were using from the formatting).

I tend to use FSR or NXEC now... mostly NXEC as it is IMO a far better interface.

digitaltoast

Yeah, me too for the NXEC site - blows the others away.
UNFORTUNATELY....until they sort the long-standing problems of not applying the Network Card discount (now subject of a Passenger Focus investigation) I have to use other sites when booking any journey on which I could use a network card. A real PITA 'cos most other sites SUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.