• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Software emulation detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, after being persuaded by a few others, I finally parted £29 for a copy of Rail Simulator. I've installed it only to find this that it detected emulation software program is installed on my computer... fair enough and not surprising as I have Alcohol 120% installed. I've turned off emulation and yet, this silly message still pops up.

What should I do? Dont tell me to uninstall Alcohol 120% as I need it to burn CDs.

emuub9.jpg

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Update: I have managed to fix it and I can get into the game, however the graphics is not rendered properly, I've even tried the lowest graphics setting. Any ideas?

wtfzg6.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LucaZone

According to the FAQ your graphics card isnt upto the job, but looking at wikipedia it is, so have you tried updating gfx drivers?

jjedmunds

Hi

I am new to this forum, but I am a PC engineer and saw this question.

Your graphics card is about 2 years out of date and wont cope with the demands of this great sim.

I suggest you buy a good ATI x1650 or better still x1950 or at least an 8xxx nvidia card, these are not expensive and can be bought for as little as the price of the game.

Try here... www.ebuyer.co.uk

John

jjedmunds

Your card does indeed fulfil the minimum criteria needed to run this game as you say, but then again a reliant robin has the minimum criteria to drive on the motorway!

Your card is between a relaint robin and an 850cc mini when it comes to speed but as I said this can be rectified at little cost, under £75 for a great x1950 pro or 8600gt graphics if you have a PCI motherboard or even less for an AGP.

Using 3dmark01 as a benchmark (I use this as the fx5200 is uncapable of running the more recent benchmark tests).

The fx5200 256mb as I couldnt find a 128mb version runs 3dmark01 at 4,509.
The x1950pro 256mb runs 3dmark01 at 33,511.
the 8600GT 256mb runs 3dmark01 at 31,232.

This does not explain why your graphics are not displaying properly though, it would seem that the driver could well be corrupt, make sure you have the latest...even beta...driver direct from nvidia.com. Make sure that you reset it to factory settings and ununstall all drivers you have installed now and any front end software such as nvidia control panel totally off your system first. It looks like a setting in the opengl has been modified by somethign and the easiest way to reset this is a clean install.

The only other option is that the graphics card or AGP/PCI-E port on your motherboard is giving up the ghost and going fubar!

Hope this helps.

JJ

Daniel

Established Member
One thing I will say about the Nvidia cards, (having had a FX5200 AGP and then PCI in one machine and a 6800 in another), is that the latest set of drivers seem to not work with alot of things... I would try rolling back once or twice. Had problems with Call of Duty 4, I believe im currently one driver behind from the latest.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I have just run the railsim demo with an FX 5200 128 mb and it ran alright (frame rates were < 20)

niall

that looks like a colour bit depth problem to me...

if your using 16bit change to 32bit, and vice versa...

christ just noticed how old this thread is!!!

shughaz_pimp

hello, guyz i need help with software emultion dected problem, if EMERGENCY BRAKE can help me out in this matter it would be really appreciated
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
i m new on here and if anyone had this problem and fixed it please pm me or post solution on here and if u have to contact me then please feel free to ask my email address in pm

Nathan

hello, guyz i need help with software emultion dected problem, if EMERGENCY BRAKE can help me out in this matter it would be really appreciated

Likewise, i've got Alcohol 120% too. Could you elaborate on how you managed to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.