• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[SOLVED] Interchange at Victoria Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS4

Established Member
Does anyone know how easy it is to interchange between the Victoria and District lines at Victoria given the work going on there?

The background is that I want to get from Euston to Temple on 23rd April which means engineering works on my normal route (via Aldgate East) has gone out the window. I'd rather not get the Northern Line since I try to avoid the deep tubes wherever possible and I haven't decided whether to go to Temple (for Twinings tea shop) or Lambeth North (for the Imperial War Museum) so I'd rather change at Oxford Circus for the latter
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
While I'm at it does anyone know if the H&C is running between Euston Square and Baker Street on 23rd and 24th April? The TfL journey planner wants to route me via Oxford Circus...

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone know how easy it is to interchange between the Victoria and District lines at Victoria given the work going on there?

The background is that I want to get from Euston to Temple on 23rd April which means engineering works on my normal route (via Aldgate East) has gone out the window. I'd rather not get the Northern Line since I try to avoid the deep tubes wherever possible and I haven't decided whether to go to Temple (for Twinings tea shop) or Lambeth North (for the Imperial War Museum) so I'd rather change at Oxford Circus for the latter
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
While I'm at it does anyone know if the H&C is running between Euston Square and Baker Street on 23rd and 24th April? The TfL journey planner wants to route me via Oxford Circus...
The escalator works are taking place on the link between the Victoria line ticket hall and the Victoria line platforms so not affecting the interchange escalators (except for the extra passenger loads). In fact at the times I'm there I find it easier to interchange than before as there's more escalators going in the direction I want to go!

I'm confused what you're asking though; as you say you prefer to avoid the deep level tubes, yet are asking about changing from the Victoria line, which is a deep tube line.

On 23 & 24 April only the Hammersmith and City line is running between Euston Square and Baker Street, so trains will be less frequent than normal. In my experience on days where only the H&C is running the service tends to be stepped up slightly from the normal every 10 Min, but don't be surprised if there are some long (7-10 Min) gaps in the service.

pendolino

If you want to go to the IWM from Euston, you could just get the bus (59 to Streatham Hill I think)

SS4

Established Member
The escalator works are taking place on the link between the Victoria line ticket hall and the Victoria line platforms so not affecting the interchange escalators (except for the extra passenger loads). In fact at the times I'm there I find it easier to interchange than before as there's more escalators going in the direction I want to go!

I'm confused what you're asking though; as you say you prefer to avoid the deep level tubes, yet are asking about changing from the Victoria line, which is a deep tube line.

On 23 & 24 April only the Hammersmith and City line is running between Euston Square and Baker Street, so trains will be less frequent than normal. In my experience on days where only the H&C is running the service tends to be stepped up slightly from the normal every 10 Min, but don't be surprised if there are some long (7-10 Min) gaps in the service.

Cheers.

I know the Victoria is a deep tube yet the time saved comparing to not using it makes it worthwhile in this case. Duly noted about the H&C (especially going back since I have an advance ticket back to Brum), I just confused because the journey planner was having none of it.

If you want to go to the IWM from Euston, you could just get the bus (59 to Streatham Hill I think)

Ta, I might just do this (time would be very short since the tea shop shuts at 4 on a Saturday and that's not even taking into account the bank holiday weekend when I arrive at quarter past 3). Plus if I get the bus I can enough signal to listen to the football on the radio <D

Status
Not open for further replies.