• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Some fares missing from brfares.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benk1342

Has anyone else noticed some fares missing from brfares.com? Or am I being stupid? E.g., the super off-peak day return from Welwyn Garden City to Audley End (via Cambridge) is missing, though the single remains. I haven't bought NFM12 yet but NRE still shows this fare, so I'm confident it hasn't been removed.

Any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
It seems to think the only ticket available between Stalybridge and Manchester Piccadilly is the weekend First upgrade.

MarkyMarkD

There does seem to be a problem.

From ECR to GTW (East Croydon to Gatwick) it does not show the £4.90 +Any Permitted single, but does show the £5.00 FCC Only single.

Of course, the existence of the FCC Only fare is daft as nobody would possibly be best advised to buy it.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
It seems to think the only ticket available between Stalybridge and Manchester Piccadilly is the weekend First upgrade.

That's because all tickets from Greater Manchester stations outside of central Manchester to central Manchester are sold as Any GM station outside of centre - "Manchester Central Zone" (which I think includes unlimited Metrolink travel in the Metrolink City Centre Zone).

Last edited:

Oscar

Fares Advisor
The fares are entered for Manchester Piccadilly - Stalybridge in the reverse direction, so the Manchester Central Zone tickets must only be for tickets to Manchester. Could someone confirm this?

island

Veteran Member

From ECR to GTW (East Croydon to Gatwick) it does not show the £4.90 +Any Permitted single, but does show the £5.00 FCC Only single.

Of course, the existence of the FCC Only fare is daft as nobody would possibly be best advised to buy it.

It possibly hasn't been updated to NFM12. In NFM11 the ANY PERMITTED fare was £5.70. ORCATS grab by Southern who were getting £0 of the £5 FCC ONLY single.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator

It possibly hasn't been updated to NFM12. In NFM11 the ANY PERMITTED fare was £5.70. ORCATS grab by Southern who were getting £0 of the £5 FCC ONLY single.

Fares for the flow ECR - GTW Route Any Permitted are defined from Croydon Stations rather than specifically East Croydon. The cluster for the origin seems to include South Croydon specifically despite it being part of Croydon Stations.

The £5.70 fare is there however I cannot find the £4.90 fare in The Manual either.

MarkyMarkD

It's strange. Ticketing sites show the £4.90 (Any Permitted) and £5.00 (FCC only) fares only, not the £5.70 one which no longer seems to exist.

Incidentally, has anyone noticed that TheTrainline.com (which I rarely use except for research purposes) now shows "peak hours" in a different colour for some journeys?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Indeed. How strange.

It is almost as if The Manual has not been updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.