• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Someone left their tickets and railcard on the train

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
As I was getting off the train at Starbeck today I noticed there was a Northern branded ticket wallet that had been left behind by a passenger so I picked it up intending to hand it to the guard but by the time I got off the train they were at the opposite end ready to depart!

The wallet contains a Leeds - Horsforth return ticket and a 16-25 railcard so assuming it would be best if I handed it in at Leeds station this evening rather than Harrogate?

In case the owner is on here, a Mr E Stockdale feel free to drop me a message :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
I'd like to think they might be able to trace the order through the railcard, although it depends if those details are on a centrally accessible database. Have you tried looking for the person on Facebook and dropping them a message to tell them where you've handed it in?

My pass once got handed in at a Merseyrail station one morning. On my return journey a member of booking office staff recognized me from the photo on it and came after me onto the platform with it. I didn't realise it had been handed in or that it was even missing. That same member of staff had served me many times renewing it and a couple of weeks before had issued a new photocard so good he remembered me. However, staff pick up on more then you realise.

When I was in school I dropped by bus pass on a bus and the bus company returned it to Merseytravel who posted it back out to me first class. I seem to be quite lucky when loose things, last year I dropped my wallet in Liverpool with everything in it. When I came to get a new travel pass, there was a note on the system saying which police station it had been handed in it as the police had phoned Merseytravel gie quoted my pass number to them. All the cash, cards and passes were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.