• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Someone was asking about a Turbostar at York?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash39

Established Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wath Yard

170s at York is nothing new. They were used on St Pancras - Scarborough services.

ash39

Established Member
I know, I've even seen the TransPennine ones there before on the odd occasion, but this is the first time I've got a photo of one. The point of the post is I think someone was doubting the fact that First sent them anywhere other than Manchester-Hull.

Wath Yard

I don't know how someone can doubt they work anywhere other than Manchester - Hull when they are regulars on the Cleethorpes service.

Crossover

Established Member
The 1636 off Dewsbury, ex York tonight was 170302 and 308, and this was then working back to York again. This is, I believe, a regular FO working

Established Member
Don't think I've ever seen one of heard of one getting as far as Newcastle under TPE.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Do any of the crews that sign to Newcastle actually sign the 170s any way? I have a feeling that they don't...

Established Member
Do any of the crews that sign to Newcastle actually sign the 170s any way? I have a feeling that they don't...

Probably not, although I suppose for the variety and operational flexibility, it may be an idea to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.