• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Something rather amusing about First Group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeholmes

I arrived into Vancouver, Canada for my Winter vacation.. Within 20 mins of landing i waited outside the airport! Then to my dis-belive i saw a First Yellow Bus go past me. I saw the driver who was wearing what the drivers were back there in the UK!

Amazing First are following me!

lol

Joe

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
This is from the First Group website:
In North America the Group has three operating divisions: yellow school buses (First Student), transit contracting and management services (First Transit) and vehicle maintenance and ancillary services (First Services). Headquartered in Cincinnati, the businesses operate across the US and Canada. Our fleet of 20,000 yellow school buses carry over 1 million students across every day.

Our vision is to Transform Travel - providing public transport services that are safe, reliable, high quality, personal and accessible.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
FirstGroup are taking advantage of poor Labour protection in North America and taking on staff in disasterous and with poor conditions, something that lead North American staff to come over to Scotland for their AGM recently.

Guinness

Established Member
joeholmes said:
I arrived into Vancouver, Canada for my Winter vacation.. Within 20 mins of landing i waited outside the airport! Then to my dis-belive i saw a First Yellow Bus go past me. I saw the driver who was wearing what the drivers were back there in the UK!

lol

Joe

Wow. Exciting. I went to Spain and saw Arriva. :o

Simming

Well I went to college and saw a First VR double decker, I didn't take its number though, as I have testicles

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
joeholmes said:
Could I see were your source is! And were your getting your facts from!

http://*******.com/dztn9

Nick

Chaz said:
joeholmes said:

lol

Joe

Excellent, quality bus services for you then :D

Guinness

Established Member
Nick said:
Chaz said:
joeholmes said:

lol

Joe

Excellent, quality bus services for you then :D

I know. Reliable too :) Unlike First....

Sprinter

North America is a continent which includes the coyuntries of Canada and teh USA (including Alaska).

However many people refer to the USA as just plain "America" which is not very specific as explained above.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No such continent as Central America :P, it's either North... or South..., although Central America is a region of North America, that includes Mexico and some other countries (Costa Rica, etc.)

Angus

Yes, Canada is in North America (where else?), as is Mexico and the USA. A lot of people use "America" when they are actually referring to the USA, although I haven't heard many people use "North America" to refer to the USA, as North America is the continent and the USA is a country.

Status
Not open for further replies.