• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Something Very special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

I have woken up every morning since last Thursday thinking of what happened. I find it hard to believe but I know its true.

In order to express my feelings on this atrocity, I made a video called The two sides to life. It features some disturbing pictures and sad music but I feel this is very appropriate.

EDIT: New version of video updated on 13/07/05

Video is 5 minutes long. Format is Windows Media Audio/Video

Zip File Download - 7.31 MB

WMV Download - 7.82 MB

Please spread this video as it has many messages.

Thanks,

David

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
I think it's brilliant. You couldn't have put the message across any better, IMO.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes I agree it is excellent

Regarding the sound, it wasn't too loud however I would suggest either increasing the volume of the music at the beginning or making the announcement a little less loud (or a bit of both) so that the volume doesn't suddenly increase a lot. Other than that it's difficut to fault it.

Also being pedantic I'd replace the "You will fail" and "You will never win" messages, because that's addressing a very tiny number of individuals who won't see the video anyway, I'd change it to "We will not fail" or "We will win" etc. (i.e positive rather than negative).

well done!

Ben

this film somes up my emotions - one day happy as larry - the next heart broken well done david

JonathonAG

Well done, that was an excellent video. You have brought out how we all feel, the video was very touching.

Nick

A very good video, indeed something very interesting.

Dave A

TPE said:
this film somes up my emotions - one day happy as larry - the next heart broken well done david

PERFECT. Just what I was aiming for. Thank you.

JN114

Established Member
its fing brilliant, really works... i'll use that to explain to my friends the irony of what happened... (if that's ok...)

Dave A

JN114 said:
its fing brilliant, really works... i'll use that to explain to my friends the irony of what happened... (if that's ok...)

I can't copyright it as its not my content, e.g. music and pictures (some pics are free source), so yes please do but I ask that you don't change it.

Thanks

AlexS

Established Member
*Clap-Clap* well done, very good indeed. Reminds me of the time the Virgin 86 was whistled out of Wolverhampton for the last time (Slightly off context here), chatting, bubbling, then a silence as the whistle blew for the last time. Shows how things can change really.

Gareth Hale

I have just watched the longer bit, good job on it. It is a very sad video :cry: It makes me upset :cry:

Dave A

Gareth Hale said:
I have just watched the longer bit, good job on it. It is a very sad video :cry: It makes me upset :cry:

I keep wanting to watch it because I can't believe it. Yes it is upsetting but its unfortunatly true :(

T

Tom

As my 'second' home is London, that video is very touching to me and I'm sure all Londoners.

I spend far more of my time in London at weekends than here in my local areas.

Guinness

Established Member
I believe there are a few copyright issues. :( Although ask the people for permission for them. I'm sure they will be more than happy to help. :)

The Snap

Established Member
Very moving. :cry: However, not as touching to me as to others, a I'm not from rLondon. I still LOVE the tube though!!! :P

Dave A

Chaz said:
I believe there are a few copyright issues. :( Although ask the people for permission for them. I'm sure they will be more than happy to help. :)

A few! Lets see, AP images, London 2012, M People (Proud song) and Gary Jules (Mad World song).

I think if I tried, AP, London 2012 and M People would let me but I don't think Gary Jules would.

I put it on the forum and not on my site because this is public use. On my site I would be distributing someone elses work illegally, like file sharing.

Maybe I will contact them. ;)

EDIT: I have contacted the BBC, TFL and Tony Blair via email. I'll try other places as well.

Dave A

tubechallenger said:
Proud was (I believe) just by Heather Small, not by M People.

M People originally. But I couldn't remember her name :roll:

T

Tom

*goes off looking*

EDIT: Definately Heather Small, no M People credits (whoops, I'm obliterating the 2 mins silence!)

Dave A

tubechallenger said:
*goes off looking*

EDIT: Definately Heather Small, no M People credits (whoops, I'm obliterating the 2 mins silence!)

Naughty Naughty ;) I know it is Heather Small but the first time it was released AGES ago was by M People :P

London Tube said:
tubechallenger said:
*goes off looking*

Naughty Naughty ;) I know it is Heather Small but the first time it was released AGES ago was by M People :P

According to the Guiness British Hit Singles book, Proud was Heather Small's first solo release in May 2000, reaching number 16 in the charts. Never released by M People (although IMHO Heather Small WAS M People!)
Sorry to take this wildly off-topic!

By the way, the videos are very nice. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.