• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SOR to AP missed connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibendelow

Hi all,

I have a question for you and I wonder what the thoughts are.

Tomorrow I am getting the train from Leeds to Carlisle. I am getting the 1805 (I think) direct from Leeds to Preston via Burnley, arriving into Preston at 1948.

I then have an advance single for the 1953 train to Carlisle. The changeover time is five minutes - although the 1953 is rarely on time so I'm quite (!) relaxed about it. If it so happens that I miss my connection, would I have to buy a new ticket or pay the difference in fare due to the recommended changeover time at Preston being eight minutes?

Additionally, would I be able to upgrade it to an off peak single (at a cost of £8ish) at the ticket office rather than being hit by a full single fare of around £40 on the train?

I suspect that I wouldn't be allowed to get on the next available train should I miss my connection at the time to change is too short, but this is something I am fully aware of and accept. I also wouldn't want to chance my arm being let off by the conductor on the next service 45 minutes later.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
As you said, it is not a valid itinerary so if you miss your connection you will have to buy a new ticket.

Advance fares have no value after the departure of your booked service so the ticket cannot be excessed if you miss your train at Preston. You can however excess it before then, such as at Leeds, subject to a £10 admin fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.