• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sorry is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSE Railways

Dear BVE fans.

I would like to say im very sorry for the poor feed back to you, poor commuication is one of them. i know alot of you want answears, but for the time being i cant give them. and im sorry for the web site, my webmaster is very busy and i dont have access to it. but i feel i have been bullied but members on here, i felt that everybody was fighting with me whih it unfair, i felt pressure to say i would do things i havent just to you off my back, not meaning to sound mean or anything but it needs to be said, if anyone has questions then e-mail at [email protected] and if i cant answear it then one of my team will.

i hope you find it in your hearts to forgive what has been said and done, screenshot will be shown but i cant give you a date so please dont keep asking me. this has been a very trying even for me and has taking alot out of me.

i hope what i have said has made sence.

yours sincerly,

Matthew Aldred

Managing Director for NSE Railways

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

IMO, it sounds like you need to find a new webmaster! Surely, if your paying for the hosting and what not, then you should have access to it!?

Coxster

Established Member
Looking forward to this screenshot you are talking about - especially considering the route is meant to be in it's BETA testing stage already!

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
Looking forward to this screenshot you are talking about - especially considering the route is meant to be in it's BETA testing stage already!

Indeed! :D :D

T

Tom

Although I received shots of Cambridge or Norwich, seems to be Cambridge, it didn't exactly have any scenery...

The Snap

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Although I received shots of Cambridge or Norwich, seems to be Cambridge, it didn't exactly have any scenery...

That is strange. If the route is in BETA testing, surely it is almost finished? :confused: :|

Tom B

Established Member
The proper definition of beta testing is that the program is feature complete - it just needs to be checked for bugs before release. Alpha testing is when features are still to be added.

BTW there's no need to capitalise them just because they're Greek (some people always type ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, THETA, PI, SIGMA, OMEGA)

T

Tom

Norwich - Cambridge is probably in ALPHA testing then but they are calling it BETA testing but the unfortunate fact is that ALPHA and BETA testing are different because ALPHA testing generally means that the authors are testing it, rather than BETA where more people are testing it. ;)

T

Tom

The new screenshot I have is of Cambridge (they say Norwich, Seth thinks Cambridge so I believe him).

RJ

Established Member
Cambridge has a single platform and siding adjacent if that helps to locate it?

Met Driver

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
The new screenshot I have is of Cambridge (they say Norwich, Seth thinks Cambridge so I believe him).

Don't hold me to that by any means! I'm not certain - all I shall say is the track layout appeared to be more reflective of Cambridge rather than Norwich. There were no distinguishing features in the shot from which I could work it out easily though.

I might add that it looked very much WIP, so who knows? Maybe it'll look more like Norwich as work progresses.

Anyway, be patient. It isn't for me or TC to post up screenshots - that is the job of the author. Demanding to see one is very unlikely to get you anywhere.

Tomnick

Established Member
Seth said:
Don't hold me to that by any means! I'm not certain - all I shall say is the track layout appeared to be more reflective of Cambridge rather than Norwich. There were no distinguishing features in the shot from which I could work it out easily though.

I might add that it looked very much WIP, so who knows? Maybe it'll look more like Norwich as work progresses.

Anyway, be patient. It isn't for me or TC to post up screenshots - that is the job of the author. Demanding to see one is very unlikely to get you anywhere.
Just to confirm...'tis most definitely Norwich (that scissors crossover right in the middle of the throat gave it away for me!) - I've got to say, it does look rather like the real thing!

Met Driver

Established Member
Tomnick said:
Just to confirm...'tis most definitely Norwich (that scissors crossover right in the middle of the throat gave it away for me!) - I've got to say, it does look rather like the real thing!

Thanks for clearing that up! It was actually the scissors crossover which threw me a bit - reminded me of Cambridge for some reason. I didn't realise Norwich had one!

Tomnick

Established Member
Cambridge has one too - a bit more well-known, as it's halfway along that 'famous' long single through platform. They're not particularly uncommon as part of a complex track layout though (a real pain to maintain too, I'm told!)

T

Tom

I'm going to be blasted for this - but a quick note of fact that nserailways.co.uk has no more mentions of BVE.

Boxcars

darkavenger38 said:
yeah i had noticed that, shame i was looking forward to this route :(

Regards
Tom

Yeh, living in Cambridge myself, so was I :protest:

Never mind, Cambridge to King's Cross is due to be released some time around Christmas :santa:

BTW, thanks Tomnick for mentioning our "famous long single through platform". We're rather proud of it :thumbup:

Cambridge station actually has six platforms and the long (very long) platform is numbered 1 and 4

Boxcars

Chaz said:
How many coaches can it fit in?

In the days of loco hauled trains the long straight platform could easily accommodate two full length trains consisting of the locomotive and nine carriages in tow with plenty of platform space to spare. The platform is 1650 feet in length and, stood on its end, it would rise about 200 feet higher than the Empire State Building in New York (that's more than two and a half times the height of the Post Office Tower in London) :read2:

Hey,

I was told that this screenshot was used as proof that the Norwich - Cambridge line was being created.

nwi-camb.jpg

I wasn't until I focused and looked twice when I realised it was actually MY Norwich to London Liverpool Street line!! Please correct me If im wrong then therefore I will retract this statement but I would like to know some explainations... :cussing:

Even check my site for more screenshots.

Coxster

Established Member
Totally unbelievable - glad you could confirm my suspisions mate! I think another apology from 'NSE Railways' is in order! It's impossible that they could just happen to have exact same objects, textures and trackwork...

Derek Kaye

As said earlier, I can also confirm this as being Zanes route. I helped with the track laying and an author knows his own work.

compsci

It seems that our lovely long platform has actually shrunk a little at some point, probably as a result of track realignment for the bays.

As a result there isn't quite room for two 12 coach trains, which would be a much more elegant solution to the overcrowding issues than fare increases. The other problem is the "electrification", which can't take the load of anything over an 8 coach EMU past Royston, or 4 coaches past Milton (just north of the proposed Parkway station). Don't even ask about locos.

Status
Not open for further replies.