• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sort of rail related though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

Right you lot. You can answer me a question. Among the whole crowd of all you have been all over the land photting and 'gricing' and Lord knows what else. Of all the places you have ever been which would you rate the best for photographing and gettting meals and Loo facilities etc................and where's the worst?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
For photographing in good scenery, some Northern/Scottish lineside places are great. For places within busy towns, I found Carlisle a good place.

Doncaster is meant to be a busy and interesting place Mon-Fri, although I have never stopped off there.

Met Driver

Established Member
Scenery-wise I'd have to agree with Damon - the scottish highlands are unbeatable!

Tom B

Established Member
Coxster said:
Doncaster is meant to be a busy and interesting place Mon-Fri, although I have never stopped off there.

*chucks up*

Hmm, you made the right decision. There are a couple of alright places to get fish and chips or sandwiches, but nowt special. The town is in a right cluther at the moment what with the interchange.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Cardiff Central is good for lunch but the toilet facilities aren't brilliant.
Ummm Bristol Temple Meads is good (for photting units and HST's) and the toilets are pretty good :)

Sprog

Established Member
HSTfan!!! said:
...............Ummm Bristol Temple Meads is good (for photting units and HST's) and the toilets are pretty good :)

ITS GOT A WAFFLE STAND :o :o :D :D :D

Uh hem, anyway..yesh, Bristol is ooook

And Cardif (Marks and Spencers SimplyFood 8-) :p ) is also good. Shame about the Cardiff bit ;)

AlexS

Established Member
The waffle stand at Temple Meads is indeed god.

Barmouth is fairly good as it goes if you don't mind 158s and rare 37s, scenery wise it's certainly excellent. The worst would probably be Water Orton, decent selection of subjects, but a hole in the middle of nowhere/

Jim

Established Member
AlexS said:
Barmouth is fairly good as it goes if you don't mind 158s and rare 37s, scenery wise it's certainly excellent.

Yes, Barnmouth was quite nice, could not find any decent cheep chippies though

Craig

Established Member
Seth said:
Scenery-wise I'd have to agree with Damon - the scottish highlands are unbeatable!
As is the south coast in a different way.

If you're looking for somewhere looking local Bob, you could do worse than Wylam. Decent scenery with beer, food and a toilet in the Boathouse pub.

H

HR2

Oh I love Wylam Craig. Not a mile away from home but as I can't walk that far now I have to get a bus or cab. Dunno about you but I have stood near the bridge and seen large fish going upstream at certain times of the year.. I agree the boathouse is excellent and would recommend an afternoon at Wylam to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.