• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Soton/Brockenhurst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Due to enginnering works, trains to Brockenhurst were running direct from Farnborough and upon arrivial I found the blue and grey CIG. I'm now a very happy chap as I have ridden both Lymington 3-CIGs! Here are a few pics from the day:

421497.jpg

13652.jpg

150234.jpg

150234WessexTrains.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Coxster said:
Due to enginnering works, trains to Brockenhurst were running direct from Farnborough and upon arrivial I found the blue and grey CIG. I'm now a very happy chap as I have ridden both Lymington 3-CIGs! Here are a few pics from the day:

150234WessexTrains.jpg

They have already started de-branding of Wessex stock!! All of the Wessex Units i saw on saturday were plastered in Wessex Livery!

T

Tom

The line runs through a forest Holland-on-Rail, the only decent place to phot the trains are on the Lymington Pier bridge, which Coxster has a photo of - well I think he does, anyway.

Coxster

Established Member
The reason I didn't find a nice lineside spot was because it was raining really heavy and I got soaked just walking up the platform - let alone walking half a mile or so!

T

Tom

Jonno, the chances are that we'll get BR Blue Grey (Freshwater) on the IoW meet, its normally out on M-F with BR Green (Farringford) being out on the weekends.

Only reason why Freshwater is out this weekend is due to a line block Bournemouth - Brockenhurst, disallowing access to the depot (so it is stabling in SOUTHAMPTON UP GOODS LOOP)

ChrisM

Great picture of 1497,finding good locations on the branch is very hard but between the level crossing and Ampress Halt offers some lineside locations if the trees are kept cut back.
The slammers normally work on a week 'on' then a week 'off' diagram.

Dennis

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
They have already started de-branding of Wessex stock!! All of the Wessex Units i saw on saturday were plastered in Wessex Livery!

Most of the Wessex units I saw yesterday were still branded although a couple of 150's were as shown in DCs pic. Westbury station signs have also lost their Wessex branding.

Shame about the weather yesterday - bright and sunny first thing, planned to go out on the bike linesiding between Trowbridge and Bristol before Firstification occurs. Glad I checked the forecast first!

devon_metro

Established Member
Dennis said:
Most of the Wessex units I saw yesterday were still branded although a couple of 150's were as shown in DCs pic. Westbury station signs have also lost their Wessex branding.

Shame about the weather yesterday - bright and sunny first thing, planned to go out on the bike linesiding between Trowbridge and Bristol before Firstification occurs. Glad I checked the forecast first!

Don't tell me about the weather... I was soaked!

T

Tom

ChrisM said:
Great picture of 1497,finding good locations on the branch is very hard but between the level crossing and Ampress Halt offers some lineside locations if the trees are kept cut back.
The slammers normally work on a week 'on' then a week 'off' diagram.
Chris, I have always found the slammers to work weekday and weekend duties.

ChrisM

tubechallenger said:
Chris, I have always found the slammers to work weekday and weekend duties.
From the information i was told they worked a week on then week off (monday - sunday) but i have seen 1497 on a wednesday/thursday and then 1498 on the friday.

T

Tom

Heh, I see.

From SWT Yahoo group it appears to be on a weekday/weekend basis, 1498 working most weekend duties.

Coxster

Established Member
TheSlash said:
1498 went bang going home last night, not sure if it came out today
Hopefully it will be 1497 tomorrow then on our meet - I prefer the Blue & Grey one.

T

Tom

1498 has been out the past few days, so probably will be 1497. 1498 came out today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.