• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Soton-Brum International

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Established Member
I have got to go to Birmingham NEC for four days I think it is in April for a Show. I am debating whether to stay overnight or commute from Southampton Central as I did for two days out of three two years ago last October. Then it was about £80 return. I have a Disabled Card now. I wondered whether a weekly season might have been attractive but there does not seem to be one. Any ideas please on a postcard?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nath9425

Oh my!

It says if you book in advance it's £7.90 !!! Now surely that can't be right, I put in 1 Adult, Disabled Rail Card, Southampton Central - Birmingham International, I put in March 3 because it only does 12 weeks....But blimey thats cheap!

T

Tom

Hi Oracle

Your best bet is to try and look at advance tickets when they become available. If there are not any advance tickets from Southampton, have a look from Ashurst New Forest or Brockenhurst as there is likely to be separate quotas for different stations.

If you can't guarantee which days you will be there, have a look at getting two Saver Returns, both on the same day, for instance a Soton - Brum Intl and a Brum Intl - Soton for the same day, then you can use your return portion at any time in the next month.

Tom

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you can't get anything else, there is a 7 day season for over £130 if you book to Bham New Street, but I'm sure it'll be much cheaper than that.

Oracle

Established Member
Cheers guys. I have to go on four specific days.

Stupid question but if there is no season to your destination, can you simply book to the next one that you can book to, on the basis that break of journey is allowed with seasons?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Cheers guys. I have to go on four specific days.

Stupid question but if there is no season to your destination, can you simply book to the next one that you can book to, on the basis that break of journey is allowed with seasons?
Of course, you can take any permitted route and have unlimited breaks of journey etc. For seasons such as York-Sheffield, they would effectively be rovers for a significant chunk of Yorkshire, due to the sheer number of routeing options available.

With a London terminals to Birmingham stations, it's valid via Reading/Banbury, and via High Wycombe/Banbury and via Rugby (including via Northampton and via Nuneaton).

Status
Not open for further replies.