• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sound Compression

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi again gents,
I have got Goldwave, and have saved a sound file - but it's 10MB! I can't include that in a route can I!! :mad: How can I compress it, using Goldwave of another program, to get it to a more respectable file size?

Thanks for your help,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Open your file, File > Save As, and select a different format from the Attributes dropdown box. Take backups and use trial and error.

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Open your file, File > Save As, and select a different format from the Attributes dropdown box. Take backups and use trial and error.

How did I know it would be Tom Beevers to reply to this...:p

Cheers Tom, will try that. :)

EDIT: Done, I managed to get them down to about 50kb! :D

Tom B

Established Member
Rich said:
How did I know it would be Tom Beevers to reply to this...:p

Because BVE is far more exciting than Pure Maths!!

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Because BVE is far more exciting than Pure Maths!!

Tell me about it! (I'm in top set for maths, and don't even know what algebra is. What the f*ck is a simletaneous equation...? :mad: )

Tom B

Established Member
Simultaneous equations are a piece of excreted fluid once you 'get' them. Just rearranging and jiggling the equations around a bit. But then things always seem that way after you've been doing them for several years. Now the Binomial Theorem...

devon_metro

Established Member
Rich said:
tell me about it! (I'm in top set for maths, and don't even know what algebra is. What the f*ck is a simletaneous equation...? :mad: )

I know that :P... But get it wrong!

Mushroom

Rich said:
tell me about it! (I'm in top set for maths, and don't even know what algebra is. What the f*ck is a simletaneous equation...? :mad: )

he he. i dropped maths after GCSE. but i still do AS physics though and thats probably just as bad!

The Snap

Established Member
MancunianTrammer said:
he he. i dropped maths after GCSE. but i still do AS physics though and thats probably just as bad!

What school/colege do you go to mate? (I assume you live in Manchester, going of your avatar and name...) ?

Tom B

Established Member
MancunianTrammer said:

There's hardly any maths in AS Physics though... just a bit using the suvat equations.

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
There's hardly any maths in AS Physics though... just a bit using the suvat equations.

I am thinking of doing Physics at 6th Form, but I am not doing Maths! However, my Mum's friend who is a Computer Scientist says you can't do A level Physics without Maths.

Simon_G

Rich said:
I am thinking of doing Physics at 6th Form, but I am not doing Maths! However, my Mum's friend who is a Computer Scientist says you can't do A level Physics without Maths.

Depends - if you're thinking of doing one of the sciences at Uni., you *really* need to keep up the maths. On the other hand, at least in my day (pre-Cambrian), you could do A-level Physics on O level maths, so you might be ok. Don't know what they teach you at GCSE these days though.

Status
Not open for further replies.