• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sounds Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Hi

Have been told by a number of people that the sounds on my website had stopped working, however they have not been uploaded to my new host and are viewable at the URL below. 'Toilets' has also been uploaded for anyone interested in downloading it ;)

http://www.jordy.org.uk/sounds.html

Apologies for the odd random little _ that keeps appearing on my site - and for the strange 'A's next to the copyright notice at the bottom; I have lost my copy of dreamweaver and my hosts online HTML editor adds random symbols randomly!

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

This train is a South West Trains service to Toilets and the next stop is Toilets One Two Three Testing One Two Three. This is a South West Trains service where the auto-announcement system is unable to shut up so unfortunately you are stuck with Testing One Two Three. This is a South West Trains service to Toilets and the next stop is Farnborough, the land of Damon Toilets.

Death

Established Member
Hi Jordy! <D
Most of those announcements sound good - Some indeed are hilarious! However, I havn't been able to play the funniest ones because you've recorded them in Windows Media format! <(

Any chance you could get the "York" and "Toilets" clips converted to MP3, WAV or OGG formats please? I can't seem to find any way of playing WMA files in Linux you see! :)

And Tom: You're completely wrong...That accolade has to go to Aldershot! :lol:

Farewell... <D

Coxster

Established Member
And Tom: You're completely wrong...
Oh the joy it is to have a fellow Farnborough resident on this forum :D Tom might have a point though - I'm sure you know what Kingsmead and Queensmead are like nowdays! :shock:

Death

Established Member
Hail Damon! <D
Aye...'Tis good to know that I am not the only railway enthusiast around here! Indeed, we could have a mini-meet at some point down at Farnborough Main and combine a drink or two with a game of "Spot the 442"...Provided the station staff don't mind not enforcing the old railway bylaw that prohibits consumption of alcohol on railway property! 8)
I'm sure you know what Kingsmead and Queensmead are like nowdays!
Well, I have to confess that I was bored stiff whilst waiting for the no. 2 bus down there earlier this afternoon, so I decided to hack that new travel information terminal that they've installed there recently. No, I didn't do anything bad to it at all (I actually managed to get the printer working, although it seems to be out of paper.) before you ask! :tongue3:

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Jordy

Established Member
Could get the "York" and "Toilets" clips converted to MP3, WAV or OGG formats please? I can't seem to find any way of playing WMA files in Linux you see! :)

I'll see if I can dig those out for you

Jordy

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
"Kaffeine" can play .wma in linux if its got mp3 support installed

Sprog

Established Member
Its due to too much bandwidth being used, sorry

Jordy

Jordy, you can host them on mine if you like.

Talk to me on MSN next (Sproghetti) if your interested old bean.

Status
Not open for further replies.