I was looking at the longer freight branches in south Wales and checking on RTT to see what traffic they had. For a few (see below) I could find (almost) no traffic. Does anyone know if they are effectively disused ?
- Machen Quarry - Newport (or Cardiff) via Park Jnc.: Found nothing
- Aberdare - Aberthaw: There are paths, but no trains actually seem to run. Is Aberthaw just running down stocks of coal before it closes ? Does any other traffic use the route ?
- Swansea - Onllwyn Washery: There are a lot of paths, but only one train I could find for the last week. Do the open cast pits that the washery serves still operate ?
- Swansea - Cwmgwrach: Found nothing.
- Pantyffynnon - Gwaun-cae-gurwen: Daily paths, but no trains.