• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South Wales Rugby Specials

Status
Not open for further replies.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Hey guys and gals.

Saturday 11th November saw the Chief Dirty Ned himself (me!) go on tour to South Wales for some locomotive haulage 8).

Despite FGW cancelling my 0732 off Burnham, which lead to me missing my 0811 connection off Reading, and thenceforth the 0940 Gloucester run (which 50031/049 had covered), much to my annoyance!!
I still got to Cardiff in time for 37406 to Newport, and then 50049 back to Cardiff (the ONLY run of the day I managed to get!).

Also had a wander round Cardiff Bay (was hoping for the Bubble Car but predictably it burst in the morning :roll: ) so suffered a Pacer each way.

Anywhos heres my photos;
http://50149.fotopic.net/c1135285.html

And a video is to come soon with some hellfire Tractor and Hoover thrash 8).

By the way, if anyone got me flailing in the first window behind 37406 in-between Cardiff and Newport.. please send me a copy :mrgreen:

Regards,
Jamster
Chief Ned B*st*rd

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Shame about 121032 :( At least that'd have made the day bit better having had the Reading train cancelled making you miss your connection beforehand.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Aye it was cancelled due to "operational reasons".

Quite why they didn't request the turbo which passed through in the path of the 0732 (which I'm guessing was actually the 0732 but just didnt stop!) to stop is beyond me.. Next time I'm going from Slough, better-ish service than the half-hourly from Burnham :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.