• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South West and Midlands Bus quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinter

With you lot finding my quizzes hard recently, I hope this will be a little easier!

1. Which depot is First's 42350 (W809 VMA) based at? Weymouth (Jim)
2. Which is Worcester's city routes is branded as the "blue line"? Route 32 (158)
3. How much longer is the journey time between Hereford and Cardiif if using route X4 compared with using route X3?
4. How many Spectras does Wilts & Dorset have in thier fleet? 73 (feltham2104)
5. On which day of the week does route 388 between Hereford and Cheltenham run? Saturdays only (evil_hippo)
6. Route 376 between Bristol and Yeovil via Wells is usually operated by which type of bus? Volvo Wright Eclipse Urban (Jim)
7. On Sundays, route 420 between Worcester and Hereford is operated by which company? Bromyard Omnibus (Mojo)
8. How many Stagecoach routes link Exeter and Newton Abbot?
9. What is the frequency of TWM route 12 between Coventry and Leamington Spa?
0. Which bus comany has recently taken over routes 212 and 216 between Dorchester and Yeovil?

Have fun.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
Sprinter said:
With you lot finding my quizzes hard recently, I hope this will be a little easier!

1. Which depot is First's 42350 (W809 VMA) based at? Weymouth
2. Which is Worcester's city routes is branded as the "blue line"?
3. How much longer is the journey time between Hereford and Cardiif if using route X4 compared with using route X3?
4. How many Spectras does Wilts & Dorset have in thier fleet? 89?
5. On which day of the week does route 388 between Hereford and Cheltenham run?
6. Route 376 between Bristol and Yeovil via Wells is usually operated by which type of vehicle? Volvo Eclipse pieces of plastic ;)
7. On Sundays, route 420 between Worcester and Hereford is operated by which company?
9. What is the Frequency of TWM route 12 between Coventry and Leamington Spa?
0. Which bus comany has recently taken over routes 212 and 216 between Dorchester anbd Yeovil?

Have fun.

Sprinter

1. Correct- 42350 is now based at Weymouth, having been transferred from Bath.

4. WRONG- try a lower number.

6. Correct- Volvo Eclipse Urban

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We have those buses on one of the routes serving my college (X39), they're so nice, quiet with no rattling noises and really smooth along the road.

Established Member
Hi guys
Wilts and Dorset have 73 Spectras in there fleet ive seen all of them!!!!!!

Sprinter

feltham2104 said:
Hi guys

Correct- W&D do indeed have seventy-three Spectras

So explain why the Go-Ahead Bus Handbook 2005, indeeds lists 73 Spectras but states in a caption under a photo of one that W&D have 76 of them!?

Guinness

Established Member
Sprinter said:
feltham2104 said:
Hi guys

Correct- W&D do indeed have seventy-three Spectras

So explain why the Go-Ahead Bus Handbook 2005, indeeds lists 73 Spectras but states in a caption under a photo of one that W&D have 76 of them!?

They have 76 but 3 are leased?

(Just a guess! :P)

Or its another one of British Bus Publication's Typos

Sprinter

dvn1357 said:

85/85a, x64 and the exeter express X46 making 4 in total

Which bus map are you reading from? Certainly not the one I have got! The 85 goes nowhere near Newton Abbot, after Teignmouth the 85 goes over the Shaldon Bridge and onwards to Torquay!

Plus although the X46 skims the outskirts of the town on the A380, the X46 now doesn't call into Newton Abbot, after Exeter the X46 runs fast to the first timing point of Kingkerswell.

So the answer to the question is not 4.

Established Member
I think that must be amiss print as im sure they 73 because they havent taken any on recently. the newest one is 3185 HF03 AEG and unless somethings happened that i dont know aobu tthen they have 73

devon_metro

Established Member
Sprinter said:
dvn1357 said:

85/85a, x64 and the exeter express X46 making 4 in total

Which bus map are you reading from? Certainly not the one I have got! The 85 goes nowhere near Newton Abbot, after Teignmouth the 85 goes over the Shaldon Bridge and onwards to Torquay!

Plus although the X46 skims the outskirts of the town on the A380, the X46 now doesn't call into Newton Abbot, after Exeter the X46 runs fast to the first timing point of Kingkerswell.

So the answer to the question is not 4.

Yes silly me; poor local knowledge-i can remember a few years ago the 85a went from Paignton to exeter,it was always displayed as passing newton abbot. The X46 does in fact stop at Newton abbot sherbourne road and not Kingskerswell and Kingsteignton instead. http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables/Devonbus_X64_290505.pdf

Sprinter

W&D do indeed have 73 Spectras, the fleetlist in the Go-Ahead Book reflects this and lists 73, I counted them, twice!

Incidentally, just got out my 2004 Go-Ahead Bus Handbook to compare the 2004 book with the 2005 book but no difference! 73 Spectras listed, but the caption reads "witha total of seventy-six" so a mis-print in both books!

Sprinter

dvn1357 said:
Yes silly me; poor local knowledge-i can remember a few years ago the 85a went from Paignton to exeter,it was always displayed as passing newton abbot. The X46 does in fact stop at Newton abbot sherbourne road and not Kingskerswell and Kingsteignton instead. http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables/Devonbus_X64_290505.pdf

You are getting confused between the X46 and the X64! The timetable you quoted is for the X64 which does indeed serve Newton Abbot, howver the X46 doesn't and as said previously runs fast from Countess Wear to Kingkerswell.
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables/web_X46_040905.pdf

Established Member
I thought so i would list them ou tbut i cant be bothered so instea dill tell u how many at each garage. this is from an offical fleet list from afirend who works for them.
Poole=17
Lymington=13
Swanage=1 (the only one witha ferry lift)
Ringwood=10
Blandford=6
Salisbury=26
these do keep changing

Established Member
Im not dyslexic i just cant type that quite offences u know my best mates dyslexic really bad.

devon_metro

Established Member
Sprinter said:
dvn1357 said:

You are getting confused between the X46 and the X64! The timetable you quoted is for the X64 which does indeed serve Newton Abbot, howver the X46 doesn't and as said previously runs fast from Countess Wear to Kingkerswell.
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables/web_X46_040905.pdf

Whoops :!: So i suppose the answer must be 2 then-these being the 85a and the X46 :? Unless there are some routes i am missing.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Looks like some text speak (e.g. "u") creeping in there!

Also evidence of typing too fast and putting the spaces in the wrong places, or missing spaces.

Easily done, but also easily fixed :)

If you can all please try to check your posts (preview them first, or edit them after posting) for simple mistakes like text speak and spaces that would be appreciated :)

A few other minor points would be apostrophies and capitalisation (e.g. I'm instead of im, I'll instead of ill etc) :)

It doesn't have to be perfect, so don't worry too much but just try to read through the posts and check they're ok.

Beaker

Established Member
feltham2104 said:
Im not dyslexic i just cant type that quite offences u know my best mates dyslexic really bad.

Take time with typing i am dyslexic steve but at least you can understand them (hopefully).

No offence.

Sprinter

evil_hippo said:
3. 50 minutes
5. Saturday

3. Close, but not close enough I'm afraid, try again!

5. Correct- Route 388 does indeed only operate on Saturdays only.

dvn1357 said:
Whoops :!: So i suppose the answer must be 2 then-these being the 85a and the X46 :? Unless there are some routes i am missing.

All I can tell you is that the 85A and the X64 are NOT the only Stagecoach routes to run between Newton Abbot and Exeter...any more info and I would be giving the answer away!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
7. Bromyard Omnibus Company

Status
Not open for further replies.