• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South Western railway smart card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinba11

I’ve linked my smart card to my SWR account what do I need to do when buying a return ticket online from Waterloo to Stains to load it onto my card, I’ve checked and the card is accepted at stains?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I could be wrong but my understanding is that the smart cards are only for season tickets.

spinba11

It was when it was first introduced, I’ve been keeping an eye on it and it looks like it can have single and return journeys on it now, but I could be wrong as well.

setdown

At Winchester station there was the opportunity to load returns to a very limited number of destinations (I remember Southampton being one) to my Merseytravel Walrus smartcard, using the ticket machines. I suppose any ITSO would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.