• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southall Yard to get Rejuvenated

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaZone

Read in a rail mag that I think DRS are going to move into the dead Southall DMU depot. Alot of their work is centred around London and they wanted a base to keep light engines closer to the capital.

Should prove for an excellent photo location of Loco's from the near by footbridge :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Galvanize

I swear it was FM rail who wanted to move in to Southall (where 34067 Tangmere is sometimes kept), to avoid light engine movements around busy lines in the capital-in essence wasting paths.

RJ

Established Member
FM Rail already use it. A few weeks ago, some stock and 47703 were stabled there. Why would DRS want to use Southall? None of their services go near there!

LucaZone

Yes your right, its FM Rail that have moved there :) I couldnt remember the right company. FM Rail just do passenger charters dont they?

Julian G

Established Member
LucaZone said:
Yes your right, its FM Rail that have moved there :) I couldnt remember the right company. FM Rail just do passenger charters dont they?
Yes, they brought Hertfordshire RailTours

Status
Not open for further replies.