• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southampton Airport Parkway- Redbridge (Hants) and return to Winchester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the cheapest way of doing this? A return seems impossible to buy from a ticket machine, and I'm unable to buy another ticket to Winch from Redbridge because the station doesn't have ticket facilities. It's getting rather tiresome being made to feel like a fraudster by staff at Winchester when I ask to buy a single from Parkway-Winch from there.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
What is the cheapest way of doing this? A return seems impossible to buy from a ticket machine, and I'm unable to buy another ticket to Winch from Redbridge because the station doesn't have ticket facilities. It's getting rather tiresome being made to feel like a fraudster by staff at Winchester when I ask to buy a single from Parkway-Winch from there.
You could buy a Winchester to Redbridge ticket, it's quite a saving over buying an additional Parkway-Winchester single.

Obviously it is entirely wrong for staff to treat you as a fraudster, or indeed as having done anything at all wrong, if you have boarded at Redbridge and already have a ticket that covers part of your journey. After all, there are no ticketing faciliites whatsoever at Redbridge, so your only opportunity to buy a ticket would be during the journey, if the opportunity arises (without it meaning that you have to delay your journey).

You should be able to buy the Winchester-Redbridge ticket at the ticket office at Southampton Airport Parkway, but in case they will not sell it, or the ticket office is closed, you can always buy it online and then pick it up at the ticket machines. If you use a site like TrainsCanBeCheaper (the non-splitting variant of TrainSplit) you will be able to pick the tickets up the instant you have bought them.

Status
Not open for further replies.